      From: mchirakis
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 12:34 AM
      Subject: [existlist] Re: illusions - nihilism

      if the mind only creates illusions, than what is philosophy? an
      illusion? the mind does create meaning by choice, by actions,
      by thoughts, by emotions. the REASON for these things may be
      to make life bearable, but that does not negate that it has
      meaning.

      who me? your physical being (organisms) your tangible body
      and your active mind. who they? the other bodies/beings you
      see/hear/touch/smell (unfortunately)/and on occasion taste.

      my point is people, however you want to define them, exist. they
      are not illusions. you are not an illusion. you exist, just as i exist.
      we don't have to be "superior organisms", but even being "only a
      tiny and harmful part" MEANS it's not an illusion....just as you
      said. and yes, i believe we will become extinct just like
      everything else living.

      i'm glad you are here b/c you are creating mental stimulation for
      me as i hope i'm doing for you. is this an illusion? to me these
      thoughts are real, these discussions are real.

      you are alienated only if you choose to be. do you connect or
      don't you? and why?

      hope for what? i hope for many things. hope does not confirm
      reality, but it does provide stimulation. hope is not an illusion,
      b/c it is not saying something is real that isn't, hope is wanting
      something to become reality - which may or may not happen. i
      hope you will respond to this post, which you may or may not do.

      what relationships? the connection you have with this group

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "drQ" <dr-q@j...> wrote:
      > > if we "exist" then we have a mind therefore we having
      meaning
      > THIS REALLY DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME! THE MIND
      CREATE ILLUSIONS NOT "MEANINGS" TO MAKE LIFE
      BEARABLE.
      > AND "PEOPLE"... ME AFFECTING THEM.. THEY AFFECTING
      ME.. WHO ME? WHO THEY? STILL UNDER THE ILLUSION
      THAT WE ARE THE SUPREME ORGANISMS EXISTING.. WE
      ARE ONLY A TINY AND MAYBE A HARMFUL PART OF THIS
      ECOSYSTEM. MAYBE IF WE GO EXTINCT THAT WILL BENEFIT
      PLANET EARTH. AND HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THAT INSECTS
      WILL RULE THE WORLD SOMEDAY!

      > WHY I'M HERE... I'M HERE FIRSTLY BECAUSE THIS GROUP
      PROVIDES ME WITH MENTAL STIMULATION. IN THAT I FIND
      GREAT PLEASURE. TO A LESSER EXTENT, I CONNECT FOR
      AWHILE AND THAT MIGHT LESSEN MY ALIENATION!