      From: George Walton
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 11:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Attention All Nihilists

      Ah, but of course we are not doomed to cling to life. Especially when we find it unendurable. That is why many choose suicide. The true horror would be if we could not endure life and could not choose to die.

      That is, in fact, what makes Hell such an effective bogeyman. You toe the Christian line less in anticipation of going to Heavan than of going to Hell. It also bespeaks just how sadistic a monster this "loving, just and merciful" Lord, really is, eh?

      All I can think to say is this: thank God he does not exist!

      Biggie

      Apoptosis <dr-q@...> wrote:
      "We are doomed to cling to life even while we find it unendurable" ~William James

      APOPTOSIS