      From: "George Walton" <iambiguously@...>
      To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 5:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Characteristics of Existence

      > Eduard,
      >
      > Well, I was just rereading the Old Testament and I noticed
      that polygamy is all over the map in there. Literally. It's
      everywhere. So, I figure if it's good enough for God then
      it's good enough for me. ; )

      > And let me ask you this. How come most folks see incest as
      a Sin? I mean, if we all started out from Adam and Eve, how
      in the world did they go about being "fruitful and multiply"
      without being incestuous? Immaculate conceptions again?

      > And while I don't really much know about the "rite" of
      marriage, I tend to regard the institution itself in the
      manner in which Marx and Engels might have nailed it down:
      as a legal instituition by which to hand down wealth and
      property.

      > Biggie
    • Show all 192 messages in this topic