20360Re: [existlist] Miguel de Unamuno - The Tragic Sense of Life

  • yeoman
    Jun 1, 2003
      Zith,

      Thanks for the tip on Unamuno. I will see I can find the
      book on Amazon.

      As to the limitations of science, I think that this is often
      brought up in context of trying prove that science is
      somehow faulty in relation to philosophy or whatever. That
      is ... if one could find a limitation then somehow this is
      indicative of the inability of science to provide the
      answers that would like to have. But what seems to be
      forgotten is that Science only a tool. It's simply a method
      of study.

      The issue is whether there is a limitation in humanity. And
      on that, there may well be a limitation. But is it
      something that we have to worry about from an Existentialist
      point of view?? Perhaps we will never know what is beyond
      the observable universe. Yet the edge of the universe will
      be there for a while, so we need not be in a hurry.