19708Complaint Again!

  • Mark and Bev Tindall
    May 3, 2003
      Susan wrote:

      > I don't reprimand publicly ...

      You are wrong! On the contrary you posted ....

      > *********************************
      > > "All right, children. Let's drop the religious discussion or take it
      > > one of the millions of chat channels echos, or groups that allows
      > such
      > > discussions," Susan said, dragging the discussion back to
      > > existentialism.

      **************************

      [I consider this statement by you to be demeaning, condescending, tackless,uninformed, incorrect and impolite.]

      AND

      ****************

      > > Wow! David - let's watch the language please...
      >As a child once said, "Why?". It's one time, and it's >realistic.

      ***************

      BOTH of these, your posts, are TO THE LIST and not individually off list. Who is telling lies?

      Eduard has had no such reprimand on the list. Why? I call it hypocrisy!

      I ask again: What is being done about eduard's one liners that
      eduard admits is condescending and which appears to be the opposite of what you have stated?

      This requires an answer since the other reprimands above were on the list!

      > Your choice of words and tone is disturbing.

      Your choice of words alluding to me as a child and your complete misunderstanding of CHRISTIAN EXISTENTIALISM is extremely insulting and disturbing . According to you Kierkegaard would not be acceptable on this list because he talked about God ... though Kierkegaard is the FATHER OF EXISTENTIALISM!!!! Paul Tillich would likewise be unacceptable as he also spoke of God as a Christian Existentialist.

      This goes against what is written in the FAQ and I quote:

      existentialism and phenomenology. Yes, ... Kierkegaard [ A Christian!] but also many others: ...

      &

      3.1 Official List Pages
      The Existential Primer currently features
      profiles on the following writers/philosophers:
      ... Dostoevsky [A Christian!] .... Kierkegaard ...

      Your position is absurd, irrational and illogical and only shows your personal bias rather than any true understanding of CHRISTIAN EXISTENTIALISM. For that reason my post NEEDS to be in the open with the whole list. Don't hide your anti Christian Existentialist bias from the group!

      > I think you need a cat.

      I think you need better understanding of CHRISTIAN EXISTENTIALISM!

      > I don't think erratic and arbitrary are accurate
      > terms.

      I think they are totally apt ...especially in the context of your complete misunderstanding CHRISTIAN EXISTENTIALISM.

      > I do however, consider most in-depth discussions of > religion and God to be off topic.

      You are misunderstanding Christian Existentialism ... and that is part of the problem. I speak as an Educator and Philosopher and CHRISTIAN EXISTENTIALIST. It is my professional opinion. I refer you Chris' post: