19617Re: [existlist] Re: fight club

  • Mark and Bev Tindall
    May 2 3:03 AM
      eduard wrote:

      > Those who see violence as central theme
      > to this film, just do not understand the
      > underlying concept.

      Those who don't see violence as a central theme have no understanding of film semiotics or contemporary art criticism. Even the title suggests violence ... 'The FIGHT Club'! I speak as an artist.

      > The other movie that I enjoy is "The
      > Fountainhead", with Gary Cooper. A very
      > existentialist film.

      Ayn Rand is a Romanticist and NOT an Existentialist! This book (and film) has NOTHING to do with existentialism! Look up Ayn Rand's background in a Google search and check for yourself.

      Mark