19569Re: [existlist] fight club

  • David Leon
    May 1, 2003
      From: "Mark and Bev Tindall" <tindall@...>
      To: <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 5:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [existlist] fight club

      > eduard wrote:
      >

      > > The idea of Fight Club was that you are not
      > > defined by your possessions.
      >

      > ... and also (wrongly) that fighting is a true masculine pursuit. Having
      completed ubniversity courses in film semiotics my informed opinion is that
      the film is about:

      > 1. Schizophrenia and delusional states
      >
      > 2. Violence as a result of a dominant materialist society.
      >
      > It helps if one knows how to read a film. it also helps if one has good
      comprehension.

      Was the dude who wrote the book on that, somebody who studied the Macerena
      also? I think that would add to his credibility.
      Ok, that was kinda mean. I haven't been mean for a while...to anybody
      really. Oh well. I still dont mean it in a hateful sense. And it doesn't
      have to be taken as mean. I was just thinking of how it COULD seem, at
      least. Funny or mean...funny or mean..hmm

      Dave

      > > It is all about male bonding and the role of men
      > > in society.
      >

      > It is NOT about male bonding which has a very different meaning ...
      psartuicularly in the men's movement of which I have been a part for the
      last decade. The men's movement does not advocate violence. Male bonding
      is not violence!