      From: yeoman [mailto:yeoman@...]
      Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2003 10:21 p.m.
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [existlist] fight club

      shari,

      The idea of Fight Club was that you are not defined by your
      possessions. You are not your Kakis [spelling]. The
      narrator in the movie defines himself by those things that
      have become symbols in our society, such as the latest
      nick-naks from Ikea.

      The movie particularly directed towards me [most women, whom
      I spoken to, do not understand the movie]. It is all about
      male bonding and the role of men in society. The blowing up
      of buildings was for purpose of returning us to a more
      primitive lifestyle where things had a more direct and
      fundamental meaning.

      I enjoyed the movie and found it to be much better than the
      book.