15723Re: [existlist] Nature of War-Body Bags

  • Mark Tindall
    Feb 24, 2003
      Lorna wrote:

      > Maybe it will be a wake up call, but I'm thinking that the
      > reality of war will still be too distant from the majority of us.

      The TV news coverage of Vietnam helped change public perception. Now news
      is toned down. Will we again see a picture like the napalmed little girl
      running down a road? Images like this bring home the reality.

      > The only people affected in any direct way will be the
      > families of the victims.

      These most definitely. My father was on the Aircraft carrier Sydney that
      took troops over to Vietnam. He came back with horror stories .. including
      that of US troops killing their own people.

      Mark
    • Show all 240 messages in this topic