1079Re: [existlist] Re: Human nature grown in pots and planted beside the great meat bush...

  • Linda Jordan
    Apr 6, 2001
      That would be a nice idea. The only things I can see that all humans have
      in common are birth and death. So many permutations. I don't believe that
      there are characteristics that we all share, nor do I place any particular
      value in such a belief. For most people, things would be more comfortable
      if they could believe they share certain things with others. That relates
      to expectations--would make things more predictable. But again, I see no
      advantage in that. My experiences have shown me that having such beliefs is
      generally a letdown cuz what one expects just doesn't happen. Guess I still
      retain some of my earlier desire to live on the edge. Less so as I've
      gotten older but must still be there. That, in addition to experience. I
      probably sound like a cynic. I really am not one. More of a realist, a
      delightfully happy realist.