Re: exodus conference

  • ncxds
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2002
      Sounds like a great idea. Please let them know of my discussion board and my website < http://geocities.com/exgaylinks > and give them all my love (not going this year).

      -- Alan Levering

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@y..., "jonah" <jonah@y...> wrote:
      > would anyone going to exodus be interested in attending one of those
      > extracurriliar groups that people set up on their own for a variety
      > of topics and we could do one for online support groups. I am
      > volunteering and will be in wheaton tuesday anyone interested let me
      > know?
    • Bethany
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
        All I can say for now is that the conference was A-MAY-ZING. I would
        encourage everyone to seriously consider attending next year. There
        are so many groups of people that you encounter. I talked to
        therapists, parents, spouses with the person who struggles, spouses
        who came but their spouse didn't because they didn't want to, friends
        as a support to their struggler friend, friends who came even though
        their friend did not, transexuals, People with HIV or full blown AIDS,
        people just out of the lifestyle, people who had been out for
        years....you name it, they were there. Oh yeah, and leaders of groups
        were there too, some who had struggled and some who hadn't. Everyone I
        talked to learned something or grew in some way this past week. The
        conference really speaks to the brokenness in each of us, no matter
        the label of our struggle.

        But I have to say, if I hadn't had to work today I would probably be
        passed out for 24 hours or so. It is so good, but so draining. I was
        very encouraged and inspired and can't wait to get more involved in
        Exodus here in my area. However, I am so tired that I can barely focus
        so any depth will have to come later on because I am a low functioning
        human today.

        Besides all of that...it is so much fun meeting people face to face
        and being able to put a face with the names on the board. Sorry I
        didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone really, but we left at
        the crack of dawn....literally. I hope everyone made it home safely.

        Any depth or substance will come later this week after my brain has
        rested.

        Hugs to all....
        ~Bethany
      • Henry B
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005
          Bridget and All,

          Thanks for the review of the conference. It was great meeting you and
          all the other ExGDB members. It was nice to put faces and names to
          e-mail addresses. Bethany, Lula, Justin, Estella, and Sharon
          it was fantastic meeting you all. I apologize if I left some of you
          off. I am having a brain freeze moment. ;-) Gloria sorry we didn't
          meet. Michael and Patrick nice seeing you again.

          Sorry I haven't responded sooner. but it has been extremely hectic
          since returning from NC. Something every night. I was finally able to
          catch up with the posts today.

          Yes, the conference was a great experience. Where else can you meet
          such a diverse group all with a single goal. The numerous workshops
          were a smorgasboard for the intellect as well as the spirit. Its like
          cramming a half year of sermons/teachings into a 5 day period. WOW!
          My mind is still sifting through all the thoughts and feelings of the
          week.

          Will post more in the next few days. There are a couple of workshops
          that were the best. I will try to transcribe my notes on those and
          will post them soon.

          Blessings,

          Henry

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bethany"
          <castledweller7@y...> wrote:
          > All I can say for now is that the conference was A-MAY-ZING. I would
          > encourage everyone to seriously consider attending next year. There
          > are so many groups of people that you encounter. I talked to
          > therapists, parents, spouses with the person who struggles, spouses
          > who came but their spouse didn't because they didn't want to, friends
          > as a support to their struggler friend, friends who came even though
          > their friend did not, transexuals, People with HIV or full blown AIDS,
          > people just out of the lifestyle, people who had been out for
          > years....you name it, they were there. Oh yeah, and leaders of groups
          > were there too, some who had struggled and some who hadn't. Everyone I
          > talked to learned something or grew in some way this past week. The
          > conference really speaks to the brokenness in each of us, no matter
          > the label of our struggle.
          >
          > But I have to say, if I hadn't had to work today I would probably be
          > passed out for 24 hours or so. It is so good, but so draining. I was
          > very encouraged and inspired and can't wait to get more involved in
          > Exodus here in my area. However, I am so tired that I can barely focus
          > so any depth will have to come later on because I am a low functioning
          > human today.
          >
          > Besides all of that...it is so much fun meeting people face to face
          > and being able to put a face with the names on the board. Sorry I
          > didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone really, but we left at
          > the crack of dawn....literally. I hope everyone made it home safely.
          >
          > Any depth or substance will come later this week after my brain has
          > rested.
          >
          > Hugs to all....
          > ~Bethany
        • Bethany
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2005
            Henry and Steve,
            it was nice meeting you guys too. The conference was like nothing
            else I have ever experienced, very worth the time and effort to get
            there. I would like to discuss spiritual warfare some more. I see
            there are some posts that I haven't read, so I will read those
            before I post, so maybe it will be a few days.

            Glad to see you all got home safely.
            ~Bethany

            --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Henry B"