Greetings!

  • georgemckinnon2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
      Pray for me group. I've began associating with the world in a new
      way. I've stopped hiding out. I've began going places and doing
      things. I have even joined a church. Finally I'm beginning to enjoy
      healthy relationships.

      But I still sometimes struggle trying not to let it show when I am
      attracted to another male. Of course I don't act out on it.
      Sometimes I just have to run away. But one day I hope to be able to
      stay around another male that I am attracted to and relate to him as
      if the attraction weren't there.

      Also I hate all the creeps in the gay world who try to intimidate me
      by violating my boundaries as if to conquer me. First they put there
      hands in my face or space and then try to get closer and closer. I
      can answer this one. I have to continue to tell them to get out of
      my space, get off me.

      I was surprised today to find a few females who were very pretty to
      me liked me too. One day that special one will come along who can
      handle my past and love me for me.
    • Nieuwleven
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
        Hello georgemckinnon2003,

        Warm welcome to this group (I think this is your first post). In this
        board you'll find support in prayer, very wise advice, solidarity and
        fellowship. From time to time the discussion becomes "hot", but our
        main goal is to support each other on our ways out of homosexuality.
        I encourage you to share your burdens, and be ensured that many of us
        are praying for you.

        Concerning fellowship with other males, well, step by step and with a
        lot of patience and practice, we all learn how to relate with them in
        a very healthy way. What helps me A LOT, and may be useful for you,
        is to objectively determine what drives my cannibalistic approach to
        someone (you know, cannibals only eat those they consider to be
        superior, in order to nourish themselves with their characteristics).
        For example, I need to clearly identify what do I envy from the
        other, or which characteristics I think I am lacking or make me feel
        inferior, and bring those thing to the cross. This is one tool, it
        works, and enables me to have fellowship with other believers.

        Concerning the lifestyle, just try to be radical in your amputation
        from them. Often their company is not at all edifying, and instead of
        fighting with them just cut them off. Of course I don't know your
        circumstances, so this is only a hint.

        Well, very good that you are getting closer to females, and yes, the
        one who will be your wife MUST love you as you are, despite your
        past ;-) however, healing in God's terms should be measured by how
        deep we dwell in the word of God (as Kevin wrote today) AND how
        intimate is our personal fellowship with Jesus. Mt 6.33 speaks
        clearly that "all these things shall be added on to you" but first
        one must "seek God's Kingdom and its righteousness".

        Hope this helps.

        Be blessed,

        ARMAND (Co-Moderator)

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, georgemckinnon2003

[...]