Re: [ExGDBd] Janet

  • Christa Tickle
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2004
      Thank you Janet for summing it up so eloquently.

      Christa

      Jan Hensley <saltnlight@...> wrote:
      I haven't yet seen the Passion but, to think that this only depicts the
      physical torment put upon the humaness of Jesus. Imagine what the mental and
      spiritual pain must have been. Try and think for a moment how you would feel
      standing before the judges being accused. No one with you to defend you. No
      one to stop the cruel treatment by the very people you came to save.

      When no fault could be found in you, instead of the crowd wanting you let
      go, they let a known felon go. And now the magistrate who found you
      guiltless has you flogged beyond recognition, thinking this would satisfy
      the crowd. Instead they screamed, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him.". Pompously he
      takes water and right there in your face, in an act attempting to cleanse
      himself of afflicting agony on an innocent man, he washes his hands of your
      blood, commanding you be taken to Golgatha.

      You are given your means of death to carry when carrying your own flesh is
      too heavy to bear.As the nails are pounded in, would you cry out, "Father
      forgive them for they know not what they do."??

      To find the strength to think of His Mother while in such pain, making a
      place for her and a Mother for the beloved. Seeing the helplessness in the
      other Mary's eyes. Jesus' heart still had room for one more sinner as He
      redeemed the thief beside HIm.

      Three hours of the sin of the world, past, present, and future, all lain on
      Him. Then to hear the very gates of glory slam shut in your face. Never
      apart in all of eternity, He and the Father are one but for today. Jesus the
      man cries out, "my God my God", not my Father, my Father, "why have you
      forsaken me"? Fully human and fully God He is aware of our pain and agony.

      Janet
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
        You are so very welcome. Thank you for your encouraging words Christa.

        Janet
        > Thank you Janet for summing it up so eloquently.
        >
        > Christa
        >
        > Jan Hensley <saltnlight@...> wrote:
        > I haven't yet seen the Passion but, to think that this only depicts the
        > physical torment put upon the humaness of Jesus. Imagine what the mental
        and
        > spiritual pain must have been. Try and think for a moment how you would
        feel
        > standing before the judges being accused. No one with you to defend you.
        No
        > one to stop the cruel treatment by the very people you came to save.
        >
        > When no fault could be found in you, instead of the crowd wanting you let
        > go, they let a known felon go. And now the magistrate who found you
        > guiltless has you flogged beyond recognition, thinking this would satisfy
        > the crowd. Instead they screamed, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him.". Pompously
        he
        > takes water and right there in your face, in an act attempting to cleanse
        > himself of afflicting agony on an innocent man, he washes his hands of
        your
        > blood, commanding you be taken to Golgatha.
        >
        > You are given your means of death to carry when carrying your own flesh is
        > too heavy to bear.As the nails are pounded in, would you cry out, "Father
        > forgive them for they know not what they do."??
        >
        > To find the strength to think of His Mother while in such pain, making a
        > place for her and a Mother for the beloved. Seeing the helplessness in the
        > other Mary's eyes. Jesus' heart still had room for one more sinner as He
        > redeemed the thief beside HIm.
        >
        > Three hours of the sin of the world, past, present, and future, all lain
        on
        > Him. Then to hear the very gates of glory slam shut in your face. Never
        > apart in all of eternity, He and the Father are one but for today. Jesus
        the
        > man cries out, "my God my God", not my Father, my Father, "why have you
        > forsaken me"? Fully human and fully God He is aware of our pain and agony.
        >
        > Janet

      • Jan Hensley
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
          Susan:

          Actually, sacrifice is the only fitting word for what Jesus did because:
          The entire Bible old Testament is a picture of Who, why and what God's plan
          consisted of. Blood was spilled in order to cover the first sin of Adam and
          Eve, the life of an animal. New Testament the picture is: Blood would be the
          required price for sin of God's chosen people. All of this a picture of what
          the sinless Lamb, the Son of God would do to pay the price owed by all of
          mankind.
          All of the sacrifices of bulls and goats etc. were temporary soverings for
          man's sin. Jesus' blood is sinless blood and pays the Holy demand for an
          ultimate sacrifice.
          The greatest truth in all of this is the Lord did it willingly, No one took
          His life from Him. He lay it down, sacrificing himself for you and I. And
          the most valuable to us is this, He has conquered death in rising from the
          tomb so that we do not have to die. He went to glory and put His precious
          blood on the Mercy seat in the Holy of Holies where He intercedes for us day
          and night.

          Janet
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
            Janet,
            In today's culture, we use the word "sacrifice" lightly, as in
            sacrificing to give our children a better life, sacrificing a little
            bit in our budget to save ... and so on. I think we are desensitized
            to what "sacrifice" really is. Just as teenagers (and adults, too)
            call everything "awesome" when they are not really referring to the
            real awesomeness of God, I feel that the word "sacrifice" has lost
            its true meaning in today's language, and was trying to find a word
            that wouild reflect what it really meant, not just the doctrine of
            propitiation, etc., but how much Jesus really gave for us to have
            forgiveness of sins. He gave more than just a present, He gave His
            very life.
            Hope you get to see the movie soon -- words cannot really describe it.
            <saltnlight@n...> wrote:
            > Susan:
            >
            > Actually, sacrifice is the only fitting word for what Jesus did
            because:
            > The entire Bible old Testament is a picture of Who, why and what
            God's plan
            > consisted of. Blood was spilled in order to cover the first sin of
            Adam and
            > Eve, the life of an animal. New Testament the picture is: Blood
            would be the
            > required price for sin of God's chosen people. All of this a
            picture of what
            > the sinless Lamb, the Son of God would do to pay the price owed by
            all of
            > mankind.
            > All of the sacrifices of bulls and goats etc. were temporary
            soverings for
            > man's sin. Jesus' blood is sinless blood and pays the Holy demand
            for an
            > ultimate sacrifice.
            > The greatest truth in all of this is the Lord did it willingly, No
            one took
            > His life from Him. He lay it down, sacrificing himself for you and
            I. And
            > the most valuable to us is this, He has conquered death in rising
            from the
            > tomb so that we do not have to die. He went to glory and put His
            precious
            > blood on the Mercy seat in the Holy of Holies where He intercedes
            for us day
            > and night.
            >
            > Janet

          • JUDITH STEVENS
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
              THank you too. Janet Judith
              You are so very welcome. Thank you for your encouraging words Christa.

              Janet
              > Thank you Janet for summing it up so eloquently.
              >
              > Christa
              >
              > Jan Hensley <saltnlight@...> wrote:
              > I haven't yet seen the Passion but, to think that this only depicts the
              > physical torment put upon the humaness of Jesus. Imagine what the mental and
              > spiritual pain must have been. Try and think for a moment how you would feel
              > standing before the judges being accused. No one with you to defend you. No
              > one to stop the cruel treatment by the very people you came to save.
              >
              > When no fault could be found in you, instead of the crowd wanting you let
              > go, they let a known felon go. And now the magistrate who found you
              > guiltless has you flogged beyond recognition, thinking this would satisfy
              > the crowd. Instead they screamed, "Crucify Him, Crucify Him.". Pompously he
              > takes water and right there in your face, in an act attempting to cleanse
              > himself of afflicting agony on an innocent man, he washes his hands of your
              > blood, commanding you be taken to Golgatha.
              >
              > You are given your means of death to carry when carrying your own flesh is
              > too heavy to bear.As the nails are pounded in, would you cry out, "Father
              > forgive them for they know not what they do."??
              >
              > To find the strength to think of His Mother while in such pain, making a
              > place for her and a Mother for the beloved. Seeing the helplessness in the
              > other Mary's eyes. Jesus' heart still had room for one more sinner as He
              > redeemed the thief beside HIm.
              >
              > Three hours of the sin of the world, past, present, and future, all lain on
              > Him. Then to hear the very gates of glory slam shut in your face. Never
              > apart in all of eternity, He and the Father are one but for today. Jesus the
              > man cries out, "my God my God", not my Father, my Father, "why have you
              > forsaken me"? Fully human and fully God He is aware of our pain and agony.
              >
              > Janet

            • Jan Hensley
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 27, 2004
                This was not my query I was speaking to Michael about an email he sent to me
                about my feelings toward women freezing eggs.