why?

  • umgr32
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      i have a question..........how come i had a girlfriend for 2 years
      and we fooled around and i liked it......now i havent been with her
      for a year........and i keep thinkin that i wont be able to love a
      girl anymore..........or do the stuff i did?...........is this
      possible?...........also........why is it that when i go somewhere i
      always hope girls are looking at me????

      IM SO FRUSTRATED AND CONFUSED!!!!!

      PLEASE HELP!
    • Davd_None
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2002
        Your experience isn't a bit uncommon brother. Understand that our
        same gender attration issues aren't about sex, but our self image and
        worth. Guys like us who struggle with same sex attraction issues are
        trying to meet legimate needs for attention, affirmation, and
        affection from other males. Because they are legimate needs they
        aren't going to just "go away" because we become involved in a
        hetrosexual relationship. I'm a married guy and always enjoyed my
        sexual relationship with my wife but that didn't address my legimate
        needs for attention, affirmation, and affection from other males.

        God created all of us with the capacity to relate sexually to females
        if we choose to do so. Saying that, I need to say that God says that
        we should ONLY have hetrosexual intercourse with our wife and not
        before we make the committment of marriage. God didn't create us
        that way to spoil our "fun," but because He understands perfectly all
        that's involved in our human sexuality and wants it to be a blessing
        and not a curse to us!

        Continue to seek God's healing for your same sex issues and know that
        if YOU desire to "love a girl" sexually, God says that is his will
        for us as men, and HE will help you do so. In plain words, don't
        worry that your "stuff" won't "work," pursue becomming the man that
        God created you to be in Christ, and pray for His will to be done
        about finding a good wife and becomming a married man. God will take
        care of the rest for you IF you're willing to live as HE intends!

        In Jesus' Matchless Name,

        Dave