Girl friend

  • schwimm32
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2002
      Umgr32,

      I am very glad that you are looking for help and guidance on this. I
      totally agree with everyone that you need to turn to God, but I hear
      you asking for some more immediate advice. Unfortunately, turning
      toward God can sometimes take a lot longer and it sounds like you
      need some help now. I have been married now for almost 9 years and
      had repressed my feelings for men through out most of my marriage. I
      thought I had it under control but then things became stressful at
      work and at home and I snapped and could not control my longings for
      male attention. I still have difficulty with this from time to time
      depending on my stress level. Praying and spending more time with
      the Bible helps. I really believe that you need to resolve these
      issues prior to getting into a relationship. It will not be fair to
      your girlfriend or spouse. I unfortunately hurt my wife very much.
      Fortunate for me, we worked through this together and she has been
      there by my side. Not all women are that strong or forgiving.
      Please make sure that you don't just use women to try to get over
      this. You first need to turn to God, find guidance from Him to
      resolve this problem before your bring this baggage into a
      relationship.

      Feel free to e-mail (schwimm32@...) me directly if you want to
      discuss this more or privately.

      Paul