Re: [ExGDBd] Digest Number 22

  • Terry Copeland
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2002
      I can not answer for "this group", but I can answer for myself, nor can I
      give you "true answers" - for the answers are right in front of us.
      Individually, we must obtain the answers from the Lord our Father and by His
      word.

      I can share that I personally thought I had the "true answers", but it was
      not until I found myself involved with another married man - till I found
      myself loosing touch with reality - till I found myself willing to leave my
      family for another man that I finally received the answers that I so
      desperately had been searching for for almost 20 years. When I crashed, I
      fell hard - until I decided to tell the truth, to tell my pastor, to tell my
      wife, was I able to see the truth. It did not matter what any other man
      said - I had to learn the truth on my own. Now I still have my family - but
      the man that I was involved with, I sit and watch as that family is
      destroyed - because the man I was involved with refuses to tell the truth
      and he continues to live with lies.

      For myself, it is not my intention to condemn. I know the truth as intended
      for me and I can not impose my truths upon you or anyone else. Do I believe
      what I believe to be right and true? - most definitely! But the only thing
      I can do, from one man to another, is have influence by my walk and in
      describing my unbelievable life events. With that information, maybe I can
      help someone else find the truth.

      There were several men in my life over the course of years of deceit and
      lies with my family and for each of them, I understand where they are, for I
      was there too. I even founded and maintained a "Gay Christian" web
      community with several hundred members. But I moved on and left the
      "lifestyle" behind. My hand is extended to them should any of them ever
      choose to learn of my journey, and amazingly, there is one that has chosen
      to learn and follow my journey.

      But I can not preach - all I can do is guide. And hopefully, if I talk to
      someone out here, God willing, I will show compassion, I will use common
      sense and decency - and I am willing to hear both sides, especially
      considering I have lived both sides. But if I can't meet those
      expectations, then it is because I am only a man - and as a man, I am
      constantly striving to walk as Christ has so instructed me to do - but as
      with life, it is a challenge sometimes to walk that walk.

      God bless,

      Terry

      >From: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
      >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [ExGDBd] Digest Number 22
      >Date: 31 Mar 2002 15:27:48 -0000

      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. nature of this group
      > From: "pensating1" <pensating1@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:27:11 -0000
      > From: "pensating1" <pensating1@...>
      >Subject: nature of this group
      >
      >Since I don't know much about it, does this group bash people who are
      >looking for true answers? So many times "christians" with their
      >"righteous" indignation are quick to point out the horrible sins of
      >others, but I guess bigotry is okay for them. That is not an attack,
      >but an observation. I know that we're to keep our eyes on God, and
      >that's what I intend to do, but it sometimes seems that these
      >conversations are bereft of compassion, common sense or decency..from
      >BOTH sides. I'm just curious about the stance here....

    • Marvin Greene
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        I read your story over and over again and I am proud
        that you have found your way to GOd's true water which
        never leaves you empty or thirsty. You mentioned: "I
        even founded and maintained a "Gay Christian" web
        community with several hundred members. But I moved
        on and left the "lifestyle" behind. My hand is
        extended to them should any of them ever choose to
        learn of my journey, and amazingly, there is one that
        has chosen to learn and follow my journey." My
        question is, why not leave the website up and your
        story of change, transformation and God's work? That
        way, many men who are lost will know that a better
        life with God in control is possible. IN my life, I
        realize that i have e-mails of hundreds of gay friends
        and I e-mail them the truth that they are in real need
        of. Whether they change is not the objective, the
        objective is for them to be exposed to TRUTH and that
        God can give them fulfillment and a life filled with
        hope.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com/