What, know ye not that gossipers will not inherit the kingdom of God?

  • Tim Way
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi guys,

      You all sound like a group of gossipers. You type as if Garrick isn't here. If he was allowed here he could speak for himself and you all could respond accordingly. But instead of doing like the scriptures say to do and confront him personally about his error, you would rather go behind his back and talk about him as if he couldn't read what you are saying. That really stinks! Tim Way

      Inge Anderson <inge@...> wrote:
      Roger,

      You totally crack me up!! ;-)

      What you say about Garrick below is probably all true, and the same thing
      that got to you is exactly what got to me -- his trying to say that leaving
      his wife was something like a directive from God.

      But I don't have anything better to say than you already said, and I'm not
      sure I can say it as well & with as much wit. ;-)

      I figure that, as long as we speak the truth in genuine kindness and love
      (and your posts to Garrick were more so than many I've seen on this board),
      we can leave the results with the Holy Spirit. He may say he's comfortable
      in his present relationship, but the time will come when things aren't
      going so well. Then will be the time that the Holy Spirit will bring
      things home to his heart.

      It occurs to me that he needs a direct testimony regarding the possibility
      of being a good husband (to a *female*!) even while having a homosexual
      orientation. I know that on this board it may not be politically correct to
      mention a continuing homosexual orientation, but I rather think that that's
      the reality. God gives grace to deal with that orientation -- so much so
      that it can recede very much into the background.

      You're talking about your kids below. Does that mean you're married, Roger?
      If so, you would be a much better person to talk to Garrick than I. You
      don't *have* to be "straight." Hey, totally heterosexual people are
      responsible for far more damage to the family than all the world's gay
      population could ever inflict. All that's required is that you be faithful
      to the wife you promised to honor & cherish. I don't see that for a married
      man being primarily attracted to other men is, at bottom any different than
      being primarily attracted to other women. The *only* attraction that is
      blessed by God is the one towards one's spouse (or future spouse).

      I think Garrick fell for the either/or mindset. Note that he said he used
      to be involved in an ex-gay ministry. When he found that his basic
      attraction didn't go away, he threw in the towel completely. God has *not*
      promised to take our temptations away (and a homosexual orientation simply
      describes the phenomenon of having sexual temptations come from one's own
      gender). God *has* promised grace enough to live a godly life. It takes
      obedience and discipline.

      Remember how Paul said that he was "all things to all men so that he might
      by all means save some"? (That's the gist of it anyway.) That's one reason
      I figure it's better to approach people like Garrick as a "gay" person (in
      orientation, not actions) than as an "ex-gay" or "heterosexual" person. You
      *know* what it feels like. And how are you really different except that you
      have committed yourself to live by God's standards? This has made *all* the
      difference, I believe.

      Many blessings,
      Inge <-- who thinks maybe she should don a flame-proof suit & hide behind a
      rock or something. ;-)

      At 05:43 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, Roger Stuart wrote:
      >Inge, what is this about not having the time to read the messages from
      >this egroup? There are things in life worth making the time for. Don't
      >just sit there and let me steal your thunder. I have been unsuccessful
      >in putting any such dent in Garrick's understanding. I don't know why I
      >bother to converse with him, because I know he's not going to change his
      >mind. If he 'thoroughly enjoys his "husband"', there is simply no
      >reasoning with that. A person with an experience is always going to be
      >at odds with a person who has an argument. What really got my goat was
      >him leaving his wife, entering a gay relationship, and thinking that was
      >a Godly thing to do! Where do you draw the line between deception and
      >stupidity? Have you ever had the overwhelming desire to wring
      >somebody's neck?
      >
      >If wisdom tells me anything, it's telling me to shut up. So the floor
      >is all yours. Regardless how much spaghetti you throw at the wall, only
      >a certain amount is going to stick. It's time that someone else gets in
      >the kitchen.
      >
      >I need a break. I'm still stressed out over the things Bridget is doing
      >to turn her son straight. What she said put some vivid ideas in my head
      >to the point where I'm having twilight-zone type dreams at night. She
      >should copyright all those ideas and sell them to National Lampoon and
      >have a movie made out of them, called "Christmas at Bridget's". I don't
      >know how any gay dude can remain gay with her around. Maybe she's bent
      >on having grandchildren and won't take no for an answer. Regardless of
      >her motive, I'm saving her postings so I'll have some ideas on what to
      >do if any of my kids turn out gay. Some of her ideas are so crazy,
      >they're bound to work. I know if I was in College and my mom was doing
      >things to hook me up, I'd tell her I'm gay just so she'd keep hooking me
      >up with cute girls.
      >
      >I turned on the TV and there was that mug shot of Michael Jackson with a
      >picture of "Mommy Dearest", Joan Crawford, right next to it. They look
      >identical. Eyebrows, make-up and all. I thought Halloween was over
      >with a month ago. I couldn't handle that, so I changed the channel.
      >There on the next channel was his older brother refusing to comment on
      >whether Michael Jackson was straight, gay, bi, trans, or something else,
      >saying "he's a good person" and refusing to comment otherwise. Geesh.
      >That should be a lesson right there not to let family members defend
      >your reputation. They'll only screw it up. Even though Michael Jackson
      >doesn't have much of a reputation left, his brother still managed to
      >waffle it up.
      >
      >I've been on Nicotrol for a very long time and I'm about ready to go
      >back to dipping snuff. If someone here isn't smoking something funny,
      >then maybe I should start.

      Inge Anderson <inge@...>
      Sponsor of <http://www.glow.cc> an internet site for
      Christians with same-gender attractions and their friends.

    • Roger Stuart
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
        Bridget, I know that men who deal with SSD have some kind of inclination
        to bond with other men to feel “complete” or put together whatever
        masculinity they feel they need to obtain to get over their SSD. I’m
        not sure if that drive is healthy or not. Male bonding is done on the
        football field or in the military and is something completely other than
        how we tend to act out, that leads us to do gay things to begin with.

        The last thing I need is a relationship with a bipolar female. Guys
        with SSD already have an emasculated feeling. I don’t need to be
        thrust onto a heterosexual relationship where emasculation becomes a
        physical reality! Whatever masculinity I have, I want to hold onto. I
        may be crazy, but I’m not stupid. I was wondering how Garrick could
        leave his wife for a “husband”. Well, if she was bipolar, that would
        do it. All the cigarettes and chewing tobacco Philip Morris has
        couldn’t make me content with a bipolar woman. People are so quick to
        blame their dads not being there for us, leaving us prone to same sex
        desires. My mother and sister are both bipolar and I suffered under
        their wrath. I think that’s what messed me up in the first place.
        Somewhere in my pubescence, I probably said that I was fed up with women
        after living with my mother and sister. That’s probably the reason my
        father started drinking heavy and took a job that had frequent business
        trips overseas for weeks at a time. All this happened before we even
        knew what PMS was. That PMS period is when their faces turned green and
        I had to deal with legions of flying monkeys. That is probably why
        Monasteries were built and men went into seclusion for the rest of their
        lives. The worst thing a guy with gay desires could ever do is fall in
        love with a bipolar woman. It’s the only thing I can think of that
        could throw Garrick into the warped state of mind he is in.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
          Roger,

          I am SOOOO sorry you had to deal with both a mother and sister who are
          bi-polar. It was hell raising my manic depressive daughter. I thank my
          ex-son in law regularly for giving me a 5 year break from her because she
          nearly gave me a nervous breakdown. I remember seeing Patty Duke do a movie
          about her bi-polar life and read her book about it. My daughter also has
          ADD. She is so much better now since she has the right meds and the Lord.
          Better living through chemistry and the Savior are my motto. God bless you
          for enduring so much. Bridget

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
            Roger,

            SSD , whats SSD ? Tim Way

            Roger Stuart <rstuart@...> wrote:
            Bridget, I know that men who deal with SSD have some kind of inclination
            to bond with other men to feel ?��omplete?��or put together whatever
            masculinity they feel they need to obtain to get over their SSD. I?��
            not sure if that drive is healthy or not. Male bonding is done on the
            football field or in the military and is something completely other than
            how we tend to act out, that leads us to do gay things to begin with.

            The last thing I need is a relationship with a bipolar female. Guys
            with SSD already have an emasculated feeling. I don?�� need to be
            thrust onto a heterosexual relationship where emasculation becomes a
            physical reality! Whatever masculinity I have, I want to hold onto. I
            may be crazy, but I?�� not stupid. I was wondering how Garrick could
            leave his wife for a ?��usband?�� Well, if she was bipolar, that would
            do it. All the cigarettes and chewing tobacco Philip Morris has
            couldn?�� make me content with a bipolar woman. People are so quick to
            blame their dads not being there for us, leaving us prone to same sex
            desires. My mother and sister are both bipolar and I suffered under
            their wrath. I think that?�� what messed me up in the first place.
            Somewhere in my pubescence, I probably said that I was fed up with women
            after living with my mother and sister. That?�� probably the reason my
            father started drinking heavy and took a job that had frequent business
            trips overseas for weeks at a time. All this happened before we even
            knew what PMS was. That PMS period is when their faces turned green and
            I had to deal with legions of flying monkeys. That is probably why
            Monasteries were built and men went into seclusion for the rest of their
            lives. The worst thing a guy with gay desires could ever do is fall in
            love with a bipolar woman. It?�� the only thing I can think of that
[...]

            com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?���groupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=621770270>

            Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion List: <http://clubs.
            yahoo.com/clubs/exgaydiscussionboard> | Chat:
            <http://chat.yahoo.com/?club=exgaydiscussionboard>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
              Take your pick: 1) same-sex desire; 2) same-sex disorder; 3) Social
              Security disability.

              --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Tim Way <inotheway@y...>
              wrote:
              > Roger,
              >
              > SSD , whats SSD ? Tim Way
              >
              > Roger Stuart <rstuart@s...> wrote:
              > Bridget, I know that men who deal with SSD have some kind of
              inclination
              > to bond with other men to feel ?È£omplete?É or put together whatever
              > masculinity they feel they need to obtain to get over their SSD.
              I?Ç­
              > not sure if that drive is healthy or not. Male bonding is done on
              the
              > football field or in the military and is something completely other
              than
              > how we tend to act out, that leads us to do gay things to begin
              with.

              > The last thing I need is a relationship with a bipolar female. Guys
              > with SSD already have an emasculated feeling. I don?Ç´ need to be
              > thrust onto a heterosexual relationship where emasculation becomes a
              > physical reality! Whatever masculinity I have, I want to hold
              onto. I
              > may be crazy, but I?Ç­ not stupid. I was wondering how Garrick could
              > leave his wife for a ?Ȩusband?ɮ Well, if she was bipolar, that
              would
              > do it. All the cigarettes and chewing tobacco Philip Morris has
              > couldn?Ç´ make me content with a bipolar woman. People are so
              quick to
              > blame their dads not being there for us, leaving us prone to same
              sex
              > desires. My mother and sister are both bipolar and I suffered under
              > their wrath. I think that?dz what messed me up in the first place.
              > Somewhere in my pubescence, I probably said that I was fed up with
              women
              > after living with my mother and sister. That?dz probably the
              reason my
              > father started drinking heavy and took a job that had frequent
              business
              > trips overseas for weeks at a time. All this happened before we
              even
              > knew what PMS was. That PMS period is when their faces turned
              green and
              > I had to deal with legions of flying monkeys. That is probably why
              > Monasteries were built and men went into seclusion for the rest of
              their
              > lives. The worst thing a guy with gay desires could ever do is fall
              in
              > love with a bipolar woman. It?dz the only thing I can think of that
              > could throw Garrick into the warped state of mind he is in.

              Service.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                Chancellor, are you using humor? If so, I can die in peace now. I
                never thought I would see this day.

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2003
                  I do occasionally suffer from fits of humor, yes.

                  --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Stuart"
                  <rstuart@s...> wrote:
                  > Chancellor, are you using humor? If so, I can die in peace now. I
                  > never thought I would see this day.

                • Roger Stuart
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 4, 2003
                    Chancellor: if that was a fit of humor, please remind me when you crack
                    a joke. Just insert a “lol” or something. Otherwise, I might miss it.