Re: [ExGDBd] The Meaning and Purpose of this group

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
      Well Roger,

      Thank you for making me laugh again. Really enjoyed this post. I've been super busy with kids and grandkids and the holidays and am exhausted. I have a ton of mail to read, but it will have to wait. My son is coming home Dec. 13th and I set him up to get a massage for Christmas from a cute girl. I know I can't push girls at him but he loves massages and I want as many positive associations with girls that I can get away with as a mom. I was disappointed when he wrote me the other day and said he was a liberal and gay still. When he believed in God he was a republican conservative, loved O'Reilly factor, and did not think of himself as gay. Now he is the opposite. It like we lost our son somewhere along the way and wonder when we will get him back. But, I have lots of hope because he brought my daughter back to God and she was a wild. Do most people who discover they have SSA reject God for a time period?

      Bridget
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
        Roger,

        Thanks.

        Inge Anderson

        At 02:19 PM 11/28/2003 -0500, Roger Stuart wrote:
        >Isn't Aussie Land down the road from Neverland? I heard of it before,
        >but I am not sure where.
        >
        >I guess you can call us Church Groupies. The larger congregations have
        >cell groups, sub divisions, or whatever you want to call them. The
        >Alcoholics and ex-druggies have their group. Women have their own thing
        >going. The evangelism squads have their gangs. The Apologetics and
        >counter-cult ministries get together, study weird things and leaflet
        >stadiums where the Jehovah's Witnesses have their conventions. Well, we
        >are the secret society, the underground group of ex-gays you never know
        >about unless you are one or have a loved one who deals with it. We get
        >together far across the other side of town so as not to be noticed.
        >
        >Tim is a street preacher. Chancellor is the Sherlock Holmes of the
        >group because he looks at things in fine detail. Bridget goes to all
        >the conventions for us, so we don't have to go. Then she comes back and
        >tells us all about it. (She should be a travel agent.) Dovid is the
        >Hebrew Scholar. Janet is always researching something. Then there is
        >me. Fill in the blank. Lets not forget the heretics who join and
        >complain how mean we are for attacking them. (They forget the doctrine,
        >reproof, correction and training in righteousness part.)
        >
        >As for everyone else, I guess they can't type because they chewed their
        >finger nails down to the bone reading all these messages. Either that,
        >or they're afraid to saying anything because all those listed above tend
        >to analyze every post and provide commentaries over them. Once the
        >commentaries are published, we analyze those and provide more responses.
        >Once that happens, everybody argues for a few days. Then we realize how
        >stupid we are behaving. So, we all shut up, apologize to each other
        >until the next person posts something. Then it starts all over again.
        >
        >Lately, some heretics joined the group and said some really, really
        >stupid things. When that happens, we all get going all at the same
        >time. The heretics get all mad that we are JUDGING and ATTACKING them,
        >so they get mad and leave. Aramand hasn't had the opportunity of using
        >his ban button for a very long time because those who meet the banning
        >requirements cannot handle the truth and run away. The average
        >survival rate for heretics who join this group is less than a week.
        >
        >So, everything's cool. It's just that ex-gay Christians are quite
        >opinionated, express their opinions, and like to pick on each other. We
        >all know those are the unwritten rules of engagement. We are not going
        >to have a Church split over whether Adam had a belly button or not But
        >if the topic comes up, somebody will eventually bang on the table to get
        >their point across.

        Inge Anderson <inge@...>
        "A merry heart does good like a medicine."
        Proverbs 17: 22
        http://2succeed.smilestarters.com/
      • Roger Stuart
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
          BRIDGET!!! What are you doing? It sounds like you're converting your
          house into a brothel for the holidays to turn your son straight! Will
          the massage therapist jump out of a giant cake in a bikini wearing a
          Santa Claus hat?

          If you missed the news, Amber Fry is four months 'infanticipating', so
          you can count her out. With all the publicity she is getting, I'm sure
          her rates have increased.

          I think your chances of re-orienting your son would be greater if you
          put a "Spin Stops Here" doormat in front of your house and get him an
          Autographed copy of "Who's Looking Out For You" and a "Girls Gone Wild"
          video for Christmas.

          When that vein on Bill O'Rielly's forehead dilates, you know an argument
          is about to happen. Then afterwards, he smiles like the cat who just
          ate the canary. It's no wonder that Rosie O'Donnell said she had
          diarrhea for three days before he interviewed her. At least she had the
          chutzpah to go on his show to defend the so-called right for a
          homosexual couples adopting and raising a kids. The very thought of
          that makes my skin crawl. Those kids will have serious problem later in
          life.

          To answer your question, you are right. Being a gay conservative is an
          oxymoron. I know Garrick and his "Log Cabin Conservatives" will
          strongly disagree. To be consistent with your logic, you have to deny
          one of the two. If he changes his mind that abruptly, he can change it
          back just as abruptly. A person's sexual behavior does not just
          influence, it dictates their morals and political perspectives.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 28, 2003
            Hi Roger,

            I havn't laughed so hard for so long . And it is so realistic too. You've got good discernment brother. Tim Way

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 29, 2003
                Tim, it makes perfect sense to me that lesbians would be conservative.
                Do you think they would be logical about anything? Their lives must be
                filled with complete contradiction of everything. In a senseless
                society, it is against the rules to make any sense.

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 29, 2003
                  Tim,
                  You're in Portland, OR? Me too! Are there any
                  real groups here?

                  Kurt

                  http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
                • Tim Way
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 29, 2003
                    Hi Kurt,

                    What do you mean real groups? Tim Way

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
                      Oh, man, this post made me laugh harder than I ever have at any so far! I
                      was just reading through the posts of people attacking one another, debating
                      theology and interpretations of scripture, thinking I'd just about had enough and
                      wished everyone would just support eachother in the day to day struggle of
                      trying to stay righteous in this way when everything in us calls out for us to
                      sin. But then I came across your post and saw the humor in it all, and I feel
                      a lot better. I still would like the group to focus more on our day to day
                      struggles, so I'm wondering how everyone's Thanksgiving was. The holidays are
                      upon us and we know how stressful they can be, and those of us with addictions,
                      (sex, alcohol, drugs) need encouragement during this time and this board
                      should be part of their support network as we all struggle to overcome.

                      Dave