Re: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 5, 2003
      Thanks, Henry

      I found it and look forward to reading it. Bridget

      www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053

      >From: "Henry B" <borych2003@...>
      >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
      >Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:49:56 -0000
      >
      >Hey Bridget,
      >
      >Chancellor's link does work, I tried it. However the last part
      >of the URL was broken up and is continued on the next line.
      >You may need to write it down then manually enter the URL.
      >

      >Henry
      >
      >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/
      >
      >--- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
      ><BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Chancellor,
      > >
      > > This link to your book does not work. I would like to read about it.
      >Bridget
      > >

      > > >From: "Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@m...>
      > > >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
      > > >Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:32:09 -0000
      > > >
      > > >Here's the website I made for my book.
      > > >

      >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/

      Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
      limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
    • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 6, 2003
        Now try it. The problem is that this idiot Yahoo message board
        program cut off part of the link with its advertising.

        <BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:

        > Chancellor,
        >
        > This link to your book does not work. I would like to read about
        it. Bridget

        > >From: "Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@m...>
        > >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
        > >Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:32:09 -0000
        > >
        > >Here's the website I made for my book.
        > >

        >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomose
        > >uality/
        > >
        > >I have very strong feelings when it comes to sin and holiness and
        > >have learned that part of conforming to the image of Christ is
        > >refusing to compromise when it comes to sin and living godly lives
        > >that are separated from the world (not in the sense of being
        hermits
        > >but in the sense of choosing not to love the world nor the things
        > >that are in the world and recognizing that this world is not our
        home
        > >and that our citizenship is in Heaven).
        > >
        > >Some people think that sanctification and holiness are synonyms of
        > >legalism but that's just not the case. Legalism is salvation by
        > >works. Sanctification is the process of conforming to the image of
        > >Christ and holiness is what we continue to attain more and more of
        as
        > >we conform to that image. As the scripture says about
        > >holines, "without which no man shall see the Lord." I want for
        > >everyone to "see the Lord;" NOT at the white throne judgment but,
        > >rather, at the judgment seat of Christ and the marriage supper of
        the
        > >Lamb.
        > >
        > >--- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
        > ><BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
        > > > Chancellor,
        > > >
        > > > I apologize for implying you are a Pharisee. I think you truly
        care
        > >about people out of deep concern and love for them. I may not
        always
        > >agree with you but I know you really care. I seem to remember you
        > >wrote a book. Could you send me the link to look at it.
        > > >
        > > > Bridget

        All
        > > > sexual activity outside of opposite-sex marriage falls into
        the
        > > > category of fornication. "M" is a sexual act, it is occurring
        > > > outside of opposite-sex marriage. Therefore, it is
        fornication.
        > > > don't see a need to manufacture words to justify satisfying
        your
        > > > fleshly lusts.
        > > >
        > > > Except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, all sins are
        > >equally
        > > > sinful. They bring the same eternity in the lake of fire for
        > >those
        > > > who don't repent and the same forgiveness for those who do
        repent.

        > > > Calling "M" a sin is NOT being legalistic and I strongly
        resent
        > >your
        > > > accusation, just as I resent Bridget's calling me a Pharisee.
        > >Sex is
        > > > designed EXCLUSIVELY for opposite-sex marriage. Since "M" is
        > > > occurring outside of opposite-sex marriage, it is SIN.
        > > >
        > > > http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com -- check out the Pure
        Freedom

        ncxds@y...

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 6, 2003
          Well, the stupid advertising did it again!!! Anyway, the last part
          of it is pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Chancellor Carlyle

        • J D
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
            Hey everyone,
            I haven't posted in a while because I have not had access to the net. For everyone who had encouraging words, thank you.

            I have not acted out yet this time and I am glad. I appreciate the existence of this group, the moderators, and all the participants.

            My pastor has been preaching for the last two Sunday nights on the process of deliverance.

            WARNING, some may be OFFENDED at the Biblical, pentecostal doctrine implied.

            First one must apply the gospel to their lives -- we must die to our sinful nature comparing to Christ's death at Calvary. By baptism in Jesus name, we scripturally identify ourselves with Christ as He was buried in a tomb. As Christ rose from the grave, we rise to a new life upon our infilling of the Holy Spirit.

            I know there are people that are not apostolic/pentecostal in this group, but I wanted to share this because it helps me.

            He then preached about the miracle of Lazarus -- how that Christ commanded the people standing around who witnessed the miracle to loose Lazarus of his graveclothes. Lazarus could not have did this himself -- Christ could have done it but he told the wotnesses to do it. And so for our day, the church is to "unwrap the graveclothes" of the people who have been "born again" but are still bound by the "graveclothes of their former lives"....

            If every church got the "graveclothes revelation", then there would be many more people free from sin rather than people just making excuses for their "bad habbits, little white lies", and all the stuff that many people, like me, used to let slide.

            Below is a really nice link, referring to the second coming of Christ.

            Take care,
            Jermyn
            http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html> Eye

            Click on the above link...It's awesome...

          • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
              I'm largely in agreement and I'm glad you didn't try to tell us that
              homosexuality is a spirit or demon and that all you had to do was to
              have it cast out of you.

              --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, J D <zachaeus2003@y...>
              wrote:
              > Hey everyone,
              > I haven't posted in a while because I have not had access to the
              net. For everyone who had encouraging words, thank you.

              > I have not acted out yet this time and I am glad. I appreciate the
              existence of this group, the moderators, and all the participants.

              > My pastor has been preaching for the last two Sunday nights on the
              process of deliverance.

              > WARNING, some may be OFFENDED at the Biblical, pentecostal doctrine
              implied.

              > First one must apply the gospel to their lives -- we must die to
              our sinful nature comparing to Christ's death at Calvary. By baptism
              in Jesus name, we scripturally identify ourselves with Christ as He
              was buried in a tomb. As Christ rose from the grave, we rise to a
              new life upon our infilling of the Holy Spirit.

              > I know there are people that are not apostolic/pentecostal in this
              group, but I wanted to share this because it helps me.

              > He then preached about the miracle of Lazarus -- how that Christ
              commanded the people standing around who witnessed the miracle to
              loose Lazarus of his graveclothes. Lazarus could not have did this
              himself -- Christ could have done it but he told the wotnesses to do
              it. And so for our day, the church is to "unwrap the graveclothes"
              of the people who have been "born again" but are still bound by
              the "graveclothes of their former lives"....

              > If every church got the "graveclothes revelation", then there would
              be many more people free from sin rather than people just making
              excuses for their "bad habbits, little white lies", and all the stuff
              that many people, like me, used to let slide.

              > Below is a really nice link, referring to the second coming of
              Christ.

              > Take care,
              > Jermyn
              > http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html> Eye
              >
              > Click on the above link...It's awesome...

            • Tim Way
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
                Hi Germyn,

                Thanks for your honesty about what you believe. I'm not Pentecostal but I am Spirit filled at times. One of the best things you can do to deliver your siblings in thier trouble is to tell them what the Word says even if they will take offence to it. If it is scriptural and it is what is needed to be used at the time, then just leave the results with God. I learned that from David Wilkerson's newsletter. By following the Holy Spirits leading, you can litterally deliver a brother or a sister from a spirit of deception. Tim Way

                wrote:
                > Hey everyone,
                > I haven't posted in a while because I have not had access to the
                net. For everyone who had encouraging words, thank you.

                > I have not acted out yet this time and I am glad. I appreciate the
                existence of this group, the moderators, and all the participants.

                > My pastor has been preaching for the last two Sunday nights on the
                process of deliverance.

                > WARNING, some may be OFFENDED at the Biblical, pentecostal doctrine
                implied.

                > First one must apply the gospel to their lives -- we must die to
                our sinful nature comparing to Christ's death at Calvary. By baptism
                in Jesus name, we scripturally identify ourselves with Christ as He
                was buried in a tomb. As Christ rose from the grave, we rise to a
                new life upon our infilling of the Holy Spirit.

                > I know there are people that are not apostolic/pentecostal in this
                group, but I wanted to share this because it helps me.

                > He then preached about the miracle of Lazarus -- how that Christ
                commanded the people standing around who witnessed the miracle to
                loose Lazarus of his graveclothes. Lazarus could not have did this
                himself -- Christ could have done it but he told the wotnesses to do
                it. And so for our day, the church is to "unwrap the graveclothes"
                of the people who have been "born again" but are still bound by
                the "graveclothes of their former lives"....

                > If every church got the "graveclothes revelation", then there would
                be many more people free from sin rather than people just making
                excuses for their "bad habbits, little white lies", and all the stuff
                that many people, like me, used to let slide.

                > Below is a really nice link, referring to the second coming of
                Christ.

                > Take care,
                > Jermyn
                > http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html> Eye
                >
                > Click on the above link...It's awesome...

              • Roger C. Stuart
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 15, 2003
                  FYI: The same word in the Greek is used for Salvation and Deliverance.
                  Arguably, there can be some differences in what you are saved and
                  delivered from. Just as long as the discussion doesn't start mentioning
                  "bondage" all the time. On an ex-gay discussion group, people tend to
                  think of the physical kind. When I was with a group of Pentecostals,
                  one guy kept using that word all the time. I finally turned to him and
                  said: "Do you realize what some people are thinking when you talk about
                  "bondage" all the time"? He didn't have a clue. I told him to look it
                  up on the internet to see how it's used there. He quit saying that the
                  next week.

                  --------------------------------------
                  Please feel free to contact me with any of the following messenger
                  programs for interactive chat:
                  Yahoo!: RC_Stuart
                  AOL/AIM: RCStuart
                  MSN: rstuart@... <mailto:rstuart@...>
[...]

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12clpn3sn/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=eg
                  roupweb/S=1705074683:HM/EXP=1068765334/A=1750744/R=0/*http:/servedby.adv
                  ertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1068678934991615> Click to learn
                  more...

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=912917282>

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .