Re: [ExGDBd] New to the group..

  • steven@ledanet.com.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
      hey bro

      Its good to see your message to the board that your going to do what
      God would want you to do and say No to homosexuality! I decided
      about 1 - 2 years ago to deal with my same sex attractions and what a
      ride it has being! not always easy! But I can tell you there is freedom
      through Jesus!!!! Im 21 and male! I still deal with the issue but as each
      day goes by I know God is healing me more and more, So first thing
      Dont give up at all cost! cause God is with you 100% even when you
      don't feel he is!

      Our struggle sounds the same I really only have my mum and dad
      helping me through and a few girls! I really want male friends but I also
      find it hard! But I just have to keep trusting God in that department!

      Brother I would love to be your friend and offer my support and
      someone to talk to! I don't have all the answers but sometimes all you
      need is a friend!

      We can do all things through christ that strenghthen us that is my moto
      for this hard Fight!

      Please be careful with taking recommendations from people on this
      email group with churches to goto! Hopefully you are already going to
      one the best thing is to stay there!

      Well I would love to keep in contact!

      God Bless you so much! and Ill be praying for you!
      Please feel free to ask me anything!

      Steven from Australia!
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
        Dear Jonny,

        Your post really touched my heart. Would you mind if I forwarded your post
        to my 21 year old son who has SSA? I so look forward to the day that he has
        a change of heart. I know God will bless you greatly for your decision and
        that you will find much happiness because of it. I wrote a book on our story
        that you can read the preview to at this groups links section. Would love
        your opinion on it. Richard Cohen, author of "Coming Out Straight" wrote the
        foreword which is on this link. I believe God will use you in so many ways
        to help others which will also meet the needs you have.

        God bless your wonderful soul!

        Bridget

        >From: "John P Hall" <johnnyphall@...>
        >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ExGDBd] New to the group..
        >Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:33:53 -0000
        >
        >Hi..
        >
        >My name is John.. I Live in a small town outside of Lancaster, Pa.
        >I until resently considered my self a gay male. I used to believe
        >that i was born gay, that i was ment to be this way.. I came out to
        >my parents when i was 18.. well actually my mom found certain
        >stuff.. i need not go into detail about that.. lol on my computer..
        >I then came out to alot of people.. I was a well respected in the
        >gay community in Philadelphia.. i helped start a youth
        >organization.. I used to tell younger and guys my age it's ok to be
        >gay, God doesn't care about your life style he loves you for you..
        >But after many years of my parents lecturing me on being gay (
        >talks, e-mails with linkss from bible.com, the talks with my uncle
        >who is a paster) I now understand i was wrong.. Being gay isn't the
        >way i should be! God does love me.. but I need to live my life for
        >him!
        >
        >I know my desicion isn't going to be easy.. I'm gonna be on a bumpy
        >ride awhile.. And i can't do this alone! I need help and support! I
        >pray alot now asking for help and ways to fight this.. I'm getting
        >support from my mom and dad and my uncle.. They told me I need
        >someone for accountablity.. But i don't really have someobe like
        >that.. I can't exactly tell people at my partents church, in fear of
        >people acting weird around me.. I can't confide in my "friends" b/c
        >they wouldn't understand why i am doing this.
        >I made a big step.. changing e-mails, phone numbers,ect... But Now I
        >feel alone.. I'm depressed.. I don't really have any friends.. No
        >one besides my parents.. It's not easy fro me to find str8
        >friends..b/c i am not the most manly 23 y/o.. guys don't want a guy
        >friend who is trying to fight being gay..
        >
        >I guess i'm babbling on.. I'm just looking for some friends who
        >are/went threw the same thing.. for support, conversation, hopefully
        >a good friendship..
        >
        >I know i'm doing the right the right thing, i feel better about my
        >self, God is helping me i feel it and see it.. Ever drive around and
        >see something that you feel was ment fo you? I been seeing them
        >latly and i get this warm tingling feeling running threw my body..
        >it's so good..
        >
        >OK i can talk for ever.. so i'll stop now, sorry if i bored anyone!
        >
        >Johnny

        Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always
        playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!
      • ncxds
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2003
          Go to my Ex-Gay Links Website ( http://geocities.com/exgaylinks ; the
          "Home" page for this entire ministry) and look under Pennsylvania for
          a complete listing of ministries. Having face-to-face support will do
          wonders for your growth!!

          Also you can click here to jump directly to Penna. ministries:

          http://geocities.com/exgaylinks/NationalLinksOS.html#PENNSYLVANIA

          Welcome & Blessings!

          --Alan (Founder and Co-Moderator)

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "John P Hall"