Re: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification

  • Tim Way
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi Chancellor,

      Well amen brother.Amen and amen. Tim Way

      "Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@...> wrote:
      Here's the website I made for my book.

      http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosex
      uality/

      I have very strong feelings when it comes to sin and holiness and
      have learned that part of conforming to the image of Christ is
      refusing to compromise when it comes to sin and living godly lives
      that are separated from the world (not in the sense of being hermits
      but in the sense of choosing not to love the world nor the things
      that are in the world and recognizing that this world is not our home
      and that our citizenship is in Heaven).

      Some people think that sanctification and holiness are synonyms of
      legalism but that's just not the case. Legalism is salvation by
      works. Sanctification is the process of conforming to the image of
      Christ and holiness is what we continue to attain more and more of as
      we conform to that image. As the scripture says about
      holines, "without which no man shall see the Lord." I want for
      everyone to "see the Lord;" NOT at the white throne judgment but,
      rather, at the judgment seat of Christ and the marriage supper of the
      Lamb.

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
      <BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
      > Chancellor,
      >
      > I apologize for implying you are a Pharisee. I think you truly care
      about people out of deep concern and love for them. I may not always
      agree with you but I know you really care. I seem to remember you
      wrote a book. Could you send me the link to look at it.

      > Bridget

      Sex is
      > designed EXCLUSIVELY for opposite-sex marriage. Since "M" is
      > occurring outside of opposite-sex marriage, it is SIN.
      >
      > http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com -- check out the Pure Freedom
      > course (it includes "M" along with pornography and other sexual
      > impurity).
      >
      > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Roger C. Stuart"
      > <rstuart@s...> wrote:
      > > Chan, I tried explaining that fornication doesn't fly when it
      comes
      > > the "M" word. It takes two to tango. You cannot fornicate with
      > > yourself. That's why I offered a substitute term:
      PORNIFICATION.
      > That
      > > sounds more reasonable and you can apply it however you want
      to. I
      > > don't know why you are trying to label it as one of the seven
      deadly
      > > sins.
      > >
      > > I am used to getting a medic call every few months where some
      young
      > dude
      > > gets his genitals stuck in a vacuum cleaner or something
      similar. I
      > > can't even call that fornication because the thing they are
      using
      > isn't
      > > alive, so it can't fornicate back.
      > >
      > > Check out the site Alan suggested:
      > > http://members.optusnet.com.au/~austbua/masturba.htm. It's a
      fair
      > and
      > > balanced Christian perspective on the "M" word. Under the
      > subject "What
      > > the Bible says", it sums it up nicely with one
      word: "Nothing".

      http://qrd.tcp.com/qrd/religion/judeochristian/protestantism/mormon/mo
      > rm
      > > on-masturbation. I just think it's a little bit silly to wear
      > gloves
      > > all day and not to associate with anybody else who also does
      it,
      > because
      > > you'll find yourself quite lonely.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Questions on the group? contact founder directly at: ncxds@y...
      >
      > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of:
      > NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Ministries
      >
      > Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:
      >
      > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion List:
      <http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/exgaydiscussionboard> | Chat:
      <http://chat.yahoo.com/?club=exgaydiscussionboard>

      Service.

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 4, 2003
        Chancellor,

        This link to your book does not work. I would like to read about it. Bridget

        >From: "Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@...>
        >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
        >Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:32:09 -0000
        >
        >Here's the website I made for my book.
        >
        >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosex
        >uality/
        >
        >I have very strong feelings when it comes to sin and holiness and
        >have learned that part of conforming to the image of Christ is
        >refusing to compromise when it comes to sin and living godly lives
        >that are separated from the world (not in the sense of being hermits
        >but in the sense of choosing not to love the world nor the things
        >that are in the world and recognizing that this world is not our home
        >and that our citizenship is in Heaven).
        >
        >Some people think that sanctification and holiness are synonyms of
        >legalism but that's just not the case. Legalism is salvation by
        >works. Sanctification is the process of conforming to the image of
        >Christ and holiness is what we continue to attain more and more of as
        >we conform to that image. As the scripture says about
        >holines, "without which no man shall see the Lord." I want for
        >everyone to "see the Lord;" NOT at the white throne judgment but,
        >rather, at the judgment seat of Christ and the marriage supper of the
        >Lamb.
        >
        >--- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
        ><BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
        > > Chancellor,
        > >
        > > I apologize for implying you are a Pharisee. I think you truly care
        >about people out of deep concern and love for them. I may not always
        >agree with you but I know you really care. I seem to remember you
        >wrote a book. Could you send me the link to look at it.
        > >
        > > Bridget

        Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always
        playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!
      • Henry B
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 4, 2003
          Hey Bridget,

          Chancellor's link does work, I tried it. However the last part
          of the URL was broken up and is continued on the next line.
          You may need to write it down then manually enter the URL.

          Henry

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 5, 2003
            Thanks, Henry

            I found it and look forward to reading it. Bridget

            www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053

            >From: "Henry B" <borych2003@...>
            >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
            >Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:49:56 -0000
            >
            >Hey Bridget,
            >
            >Chancellor's link does work, I tried it. However the last part
            >of the URL was broken up and is continued on the next line.
            >You may need to write it down then manually enter the URL.
            >

            >Henry
            >
            >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/
            >
            >--- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
            ><BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
            > >

            > > Chancellor,
            > >
            > > This link to your book does not work. I would like to read about it.
            >Bridget
            > >

            > > >From: "Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@m...>
            > > >To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
            > > >Subject: [ExGDBd] Re: Pornification
            > > >Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 00:32:09 -0000
            > > >
            > > >Here's the website I made for my book.
            > > >

            >http://mysite.verizon.net/vze71odi/pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/

            Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
            limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
          • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 6, 2003
              Now try it. The problem is that this idiot Yahoo message board
              program cut off part of the link with its advertising.

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 6, 2003
                Well, the stupid advertising did it again!!! Anyway, the last part
                of it is pureasheispuremystrugglewithhomosexuality/

                --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Chancellor Carlyle

              • J D
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
                  Hey everyone,
                  I haven't posted in a while because I have not had access to the net. For everyone who had encouraging words, thank you.

                  I have not acted out yet this time and I am glad. I appreciate the existence of this group, the moderators, and all the participants.

                  My pastor has been preaching for the last two Sunday nights on the process of deliverance.

                  WARNING, some may be OFFENDED at the Biblical, pentecostal doctrine implied.

                  First one must apply the gospel to their lives -- we must die to our sinful nature comparing to Christ's death at Calvary. By baptism in Jesus name, we scripturally identify ourselves with Christ as He was buried in a tomb. As Christ rose from the grave, we rise to a new life upon our infilling of the Holy Spirit.

                  I know there are people that are not apostolic/pentecostal in this group, but I wanted to share this because it helps me.

                  He then preached about the miracle of Lazarus -- how that Christ commanded the people standing around who witnessed the miracle to loose Lazarus of his graveclothes. Lazarus could not have did this himself -- Christ could have done it but he told the wotnesses to do it. And so for our day, the church is to "unwrap the graveclothes" of the people who have been "born again" but are still bound by the "graveclothes of their former lives"....

                  If every church got the "graveclothes revelation", then there would be many more people free from sin rather than people just making excuses for their "bad habbits, little white lies", and all the stuff that many people, like me, used to let slide.

                  Below is a really nice link, referring to the second coming of Christ.

                  Take care,
                  Jermyn
                  http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html> Eye

                  Click on the above link...It's awesome...

                • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
                    I'm largely in agreement and I'm glad you didn't try to tell us that
                    homosexuality is a spirit or demon and that all you had to do was to
                    have it cast out of you.

                    --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, J D <zachaeus2003@y...>

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 12, 2003
                      Hi Germyn,

                      Thanks for your honesty about what you believe. I'm not Pentecostal but I am Spirit filled at times. One of the best things you can do to deliver your siblings in thier trouble is to tell them what the Word says even if they will take offence to it. If it is scriptural and it is what is needed to be used at the time, then just leave the results with God. I learned that from David Wilkerson's newsletter. By following the Holy Spirits leading, you can litterally deliver a brother or a sister from a spirit of deception. Tim Way

                      wrote:
                      > Hey everyone,
                      > I haven't posted in a while because I have not had access to the
                      net. For everyone who had encouraging words, thank you.

                      > I have not acted out yet this time and I am glad. I appreciate the
                      existence of this group, the moderators, and all the participants.

                      > My pastor has been preaching for the last two Sunday nights on the
                      process of deliverance.

                      > WARNING, some may be OFFENDED at the Biblical, pentecostal doctrine
                      implied.

                      > First one must apply the gospel to their lives -- we must die to
                      our sinful nature comparing to Christ's death at Calvary. By baptism
                      in Jesus name, we scripturally identify ourselves with Christ as He
                      was buried in a tomb. As Christ rose from the grave, we rise to a
                      new life upon our infilling of the Holy Spirit.

                      > I know there are people that are not apostolic/pentecostal in this
                      group, but I wanted to share this because it helps me.

                      > He then preached about the miracle of Lazarus -- how that Christ
                      commanded the people standing around who witnessed the miracle to
                      loose Lazarus of his graveclothes. Lazarus could not have did this
                      himself -- Christ could have done it but he told the wotnesses to do
                      it. And so for our day, the church is to "unwrap the graveclothes"
                      of the people who have been "born again" but are still bound by
                      the "graveclothes of their former lives"....

                      > If every church got the "graveclothes revelation", then there would
                      be many more people free from sin rather than people just making
                      excuses for their "bad habbits, little white lies", and all the stuff
                      that many people, like me, used to let slide.

                      > Below is a really nice link, referring to the second coming of
                      Christ.

                      > Take care,
                      > Jermyn
                      > http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html> Eye
                      >
                      > Click on the above link...It's awesome...

                    • Roger C. Stuart
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 15, 2003
                        FYI: The same word in the Greek is used for Salvation and Deliverance.
                        Arguably, there can be some differences in what you are saved and
                        delivered from. Just as long as the discussion doesn't start mentioning
                        "bondage" all the time. On an ex-gay discussion group, people tend to
                        think of the physical kind. When I was with a group of Pentecostals,
                        one guy kept using that word all the time. I finally turned to him and
                        said: "Do you realize what some people are thinking when you talk about
                        "bondage" all the time"? He didn't have a clue. I told him to look it
                        up on the internet to see how it's used there. He quit saying that the
                        next week.

                        --------------------------------------
                        Please feel free to contact me with any of the following messenger
                        programs for interactive chat:
                        Yahoo!: RC_Stuart
                        AOL/AIM: RCStuart
                        MSN: rstuart@... <mailto:rstuart@...>
[...]

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12clpn3sn/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=eg
                        roupweb/S=1705074683:HM/EXP=1068765334/A=1750744/R=0/*http:/servedby.adv
                        ertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1068678934991615> Click to learn
                        more...

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egrou
                        pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=912917282>

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .