Re: [ExGDBd] Re: Dealing with past emotions

  • J D
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      What beautiful messages to wake up and read!! The two messages below have made me smile as I think about the Lord and the work He is doing in my life.

      I love you all. I love this ministry. If it had not been for the faithful members of this club, I don't know if I would be experiencing the victory that I am living now. Thank you for fighting this fight too.

      I have had to start all over again in counting my weeks of sexual abstinence, but I will make it. I have been living in a homeless shelter for the last week, but I will make it. My Dad and I may never see eye to eye on something as simle as what day of the week it is, but I will make it.

      God will deliver me. I have this peace. Today is a beautiful day,and His mercies are new.

      Jesus I love You. Group, I love you.

      sincerely,
      Jermyn Michael Davidson

      Nieuwleven <armandoke@...> wrote:
      Just thinking about the following verses:

      "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is
      right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--
      if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
      Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-
      -put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." (Phil
      4.8-9)

      We are new creation indeed, and a way to cleanse our minds is by
      focusing our thoughts in Jesus Christ.

      "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on
      it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written
      in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." (Joshua 1.8)

      Again, meditating on the Word of God (Jesus Christ is also the Word
      of God Jn 1.1) is God's way to reveal himself and hence to give us
      eternal life.

      Glory be to the one who made (& is making) us free indeed.

      Armand

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Doug H."
      <manafterlordsheart@y...> wrote:
      > Rick,
      > Thank you so much for you words. I too have struggled with these
      > issues.
      > Not long ago, after meeting with two of the male pastors at church,
      > gave each a hug and wanted to kiss one right on the mouth. Although
      > know it was totally wrong, it was not really a sexual desire,
      simply
      > something that came out of a feeling of genuine love and gratitude.
      > However, Satan hoped to use it against me. At first it really
      freaked
      > me out and I thought I'd been thrown way back in my recovery. Then
      > realized it was simply old habits, past actions, and the devil
      > working together to defeat me.
      > I spent so many years hiding my true self. I don't mean that part
      of
      > me that was gay but the pain and hurt and emotion that my
      homosexual
      > desires covered up. Since I've learned a new honesty with those
      with
      > whom I'm close enough to have confided in, I struggle with how I
      > should act with those who do not yet know. At first, I too felt
      like
      > I needed to put on an act, but slowly I'm learning to simply be me.
      >
      > Doug

    • J D
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Dear friends,

        I am urgently requesting your prayers. I have noticed red bands around my gums.

        I am going to get tested tomorrow. I have prayed and praised God for negative results.

        Please pray with and for me.

        Sincerely,
        Jermyn M. Davidson