looking for answers

  • lahrdplay
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 1:11 AM
      Hi,
      I came here to see for my self what this is all about. Since I
      embraced my homosexulaity, I was less happy then I was before. I
      agree most gay perople I have met have been more screwed up then I
      could have ever imagined. I even was a bartender and saw the
      hoplessness of it all and said that not me, but underneath thinking
      how far from that was I. If I could choose, I would surly choose to
      not be gay, not be hated, opressed, left alone in my old age like
      all the other older gay people I have met. Being gay is all about
      youth and when that is gone there seems to be nothing left.

      On the other hand I am less happy about all the god references, I
      dont feel that that concept is real either.

      No on can change unless they truly want to and so I sit on the fence
      deciding my fate. I am thinking this may all be just another crutch,
      some way of saying well at least I tried.

      I have all the clasic symptoms, I was sexualy active at a very young
      age with both men and woman. I dont really fit into the gay sceen
      any more then I could go to a straight place and fit in.

      Don't pounce me for embracing my gayness, if I did choose it it
      would have been on a very subconcious level. I am not loooking for
      god to save me he should have bigger issues then me if he existed.

      But I would like to hear about what changed you, and not because
      some message from gooooood, if god came to me in the middle of the
      night I would move out, the place is haunted.

      Thanks
    • marvinlm@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6 5:48 AM
        It sounds like you have already made up your mind. I don't know what you
        expect anyone here to say. You said yourself that if God came to you it
        would do nothing than spook you and drive you away, As you said, you are
        "on the fence" and the only thing that will get you off of it is for you
        to be fed up with what you're doing now, not happy with your current
        results and to decide you want to change. A big part of it is
        discipline. Not giving into the urges has to be become more important
        than giving in to them because you know you are sinning against God and
        that it brings nothing but pain in the long run. More on that in a
        moment.

        Yes, this "God thing" is a crutch-and there is nothing wrong with that.
        Anyone who thinks they can get through this life without anything or
        anyone helping them is an idiot. We all have crutches, even if we don't
        like to admit to them. The problem is, how sturdy IS your crutch? If you
        have not ever done so and you really want to change, I ask you to pray
        to God to accept His free gift of Salvation and to make him Lord of your
        life. That's step 1.

        Then having done that, Step 2 is to realize that while God will give you
        the strength to change, he will not do it all. You must do your part.
        What IS your part? Getting involved in a local church and getting around
        other Christians. Not putting yourself into a situation where you will
        be tempted-sometimes you can't avoid it but sometimes you can. For
        example, my best friend is gay and heavily into porn (He has a storage
        unit that holds nothing but porn and comic books!) He respects my choice
        to change so as we have many other interests, we don't discuss that "hot
        movie" he rented the other night or drop by the video store to return a
        movie on route to the mall, that sort of thing. If you make the choice
        not to put yourself into a situation where you will be tempted whenever
        you can, God will give you the strength to resist it when it happens
        real quick. I don't remember the verse but the Bible says that "God will
        not allow you to be tempted above that which you are able and will
        provide a way of escape" That is great comfort and power in that verse
        alone.

        I guess what I am trying to say is this. Yes there are people here who
        God has changed and continues to change. There are those that no longer
        struggle with same sex attraction but guess what, God is still not done
        with them. God will always want to perfect us and make us more like Him.
        When he finishes one area of your life He moves on to another. One day
        He works with you on SSA and after that is done he may move on to being
        too judgemental or something like that. I am one of those he is still
        working on. It use to be that any good looking guy would turn my head
        and get the lustful thoughts a'goin but God has changed me little by
        little so that now it takes a really muscular guy to get me to look
        twice. I'm also finding that even someone with that particular body
        type, if I happen to know them personally, I don't look at them sexually
        because I know in my heart that it is wrong and that they are no longer
        just sexual objects but real people.

        I know this is long but I hope you will have an open mind and really be
        considering changing-you will find a lot of help and support here and
        not all of them are long winded like me :)
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 9:26 AM
          This is a very good post marvinlm! I couldn't agree with you more!
          Sometimes it pays to be longwinded, especially if it has to do with
          God and the salvaton of His people! Evidently lahrdplay, something is
          going on inside or you wouldn't have come here in the first place.
          I'm not going to try and give you some message from God, But I will
          tell you that the only message I got to make me want to change, was
          my own guilt, frustration, and just being downright sick enough of
          myself to desire change (and the fact that I was raised in church
          didn't hurt). But I invite you, if you will, to take a look at my
          website and read my story. once you get there, just click on "Who's
          Rick" at the top of the page.
          Take care and I hope you find real true happiness no matter what you
          decide.

          Be blessed,
          Rick
          Spirit Walkers Ministries