Life Lesson:

  • Rick Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      THIS WEEKS LIFE LESSON
      ======================
      Spirit Walkers Ministries

      "More than we know"

      Ephesians 3:20-21

      "Now to Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly
      above all that we ask or think, according to His power
      that works in us, to Him be the glory in the church by
      Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.
      Amen"

      Do you ever wonder why it's so difficult to believe
      God for something sometimes when you need an answer to
      a prayer fast, or for something that seems next to
      impossible to be taken care of? I know I have. But
      somewhere deep inside, there's something that tells me
      every time, that God knows just exactly what's going
      on and just how I feel about it down into the deepest
      corners of my heart and emotions. Because there are so
      many things that go on down inside us that we don't
      quite understand, this is why it's so important to let
      the Holy Spirit be our guide and intercessor to God
      for us. Because many times, we're not quite sure just
      what it is we need. We know we need something from
      God, but our emotions get mixed up and turned around
      to the point where we can't even reason it out in our
      own minds. The "power" that works in us in this verse,
      is the Holy Spirit. He is our go-between from us to
      God, and He tells God the inner most secrets of our
      hearts-sometimes things we don't even realize or know
      how to ask for. Because in truth, the only being alive
      that can really get inside of you and know you, even
      more than you do, is God. And because of this, it's
      really difficult to try and teach one another how to
      be free in the flesh by reasoning and our own
      understanding. The Bible tells us to "Trust in the
      Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own
      understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and
      He will direct your paths". (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV)
      This sounds pretty simple doesn't it? But somehow we
      make it not so simple to just hear His voice through
      the Holy Spirit. Why do you suppose that is? Probably
      because we "lean on our own understanding" just a
      little too much, put too much faith in another man and
      his education, and try to work things out ourselves
      within our own minds. Because everybody always has a
      back-up plan or a little nest egg handy-just in case.
      But sometimes things happen that just we don't have a
      back-up plan for, and this is when we fall apart, or
      come awful close to it. But we have to try and
      remember who's living down in the secret place in our
      hearts, and all He wants to hear is a small cry for
      help and He'll be there. But many times we don't even
      think of that. Our "survival mode" kicks in and we
      suddenly and automatically turn to the world or man
      for help-first thing. Or it's the complete opposite
      and we ignore God almost completely in our daily lives
      until an emergency pops up, then we *really* turn to
      Him. But no matter which it is, God knows the deepest
      most inner secrets of our hearts, and can deal with
      anything that comes up in our lives, if we will just
      relax, get a grip, and just let Him deal with it. Many
      times He will use us ourselves to deal with it by
      letting us know what to do about it, if we'll just
      calm down, be still and listen to Him. let me give you
      an example from the Bible when the disciples faced
      this situation, and of course, fell apart. In Matthew
      8:23-27 there's a little story about when Jesus and
      the disciples got into a boat, and a storm arose. The
      disciples were afraid they were going to sink because
      the storm must have been pretty a bad one and Jesus
      was alseep. So they woke Him up to tell Him they were
      sinking and the storm was going to overtake them. But
      I can just almost see Jesus being so calm about it as
      He asked them what they were so worried about and why
      they had such little faith. Then He told the storm to
      cease and of course it did-and they marvelled over it.
      But you see, the moral to this story is first, *you*
      are a vessle of God with Jesus down in your heart.
      Second, as long as Jesus is inside of you, although
      you may think He's sleeping, no matter what storm you
      face-your boat will *not* sink. Why? Because you have
      the king of kings on board! And if the ship is going
      to go down, it has to take Him with it, and I don't
      see that happening! And just that in itself is enough,
      so if you ask for help, you will indeed get it if you
      will only know who's on board with you.
      Just remember, no matter how bad your storm is, you
      have someone on board that knows just what's going on
      no matter what it is or how bad it seems-even if you
      think He's sleeping. Jesus loves you, and wants to see
      you succeed!

      Be blessed!
      Rick

      Please pray for:
      ----------------
      Shelli (son in sexual bondage)
      Adam (sexual addiction)
      Adam (a different one, sexual bondage)
      Karen (Husband is leaving)
      Chris (sexual bondage)
      Andrea (self mutilation)

      Thank you and God bless!

      For more information please visit Spirit Walkers at:
      http://www.Spirit-Walkers.org
      Or email the webservant Rick at:
      Freedom@...