YOUR REASONS YOU WANT TO CHANGE?

  • michael
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 20, 2003
      IN MAKING CHANGES NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT..........RIGHT?
    • Inge Anderson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 20, 2003
        At 10:55 PM 7/20/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >IN MAKING CHANGES NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT..........RIGHT?

        I think it's usually very difficult to make deep changes when we feel
        alone. That's where *support* comes in. It really helps to know that others
        are in your corner, so to speak. :)

        Best wishes,
        Inge
      • Nieuwleven
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2003
          Dear Michael,

          It is so good to read your posts. We are all on the same way, and the
          issues you rise are of common/mutual interest.

          Concerning your question, I have learned that the only right
          motivation for change is the GLORY OF GOD. All other reasons, though
          good, are not right. For instance "health" is a good reason, but is
          still self-centered, depression or loneliness or deceiving from the
          lifestyle, are still self-centered or self-righteouss reasons for
          change. So, the only true reason for change, and with scope of
          success is to do everything for the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

          Hope this is useful for you. Be blessed.

          In HIM,

          ARMAND

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "michael"
          <m.payton@s...> wrote:
          > IN MAKING CHANGES NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT..........RIGHT?
        • jonabel0702
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2003
            yesh.....recognise that God wants to deliver you with all of His
            grace and love for you. Do it for Him, and you'll discover the road
            to 'freedom' will actually be quite breathtaking.

            Of cos, also remember that God always sends His angels (including
            your friends etc.) to support and comfort you whenever you feel weak.

            You can do it.

            luv,
            belle

            --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Nieuwleven"
            <armandoke@y...> wrote:
            > Dear Michael,
            >
            > It is so good to read your posts. We are all on the same way, and
            the
            > issues you rise are of common/mutual interest.
            >
            > Concerning your question, I have learned that the only right
            > motivation for change is the GLORY OF GOD. All other reasons,
            though
            > good, are not right. For instance "health" is a good reason, but is
            > still self-centered, depression or loneliness or deceiving from the
            > lifestyle, are still self-centered or self-righteouss reasons for
            > change. So, the only true reason for change, and with scope of
            > success is to do everything for the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
            >
            > Hope this is useful for you. Be blessed.
            >
            > In HIM,
            >
            > ARMAND
            >
            > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "michael"
            > <m.payton@s...> wrote:
            > > IN MAKING CHANGES NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT..........RIGHT?
          • Tim Way
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 23, 2003
              Hi Armand and Han,

              I really appreciate you both on this forum. Tim Way

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24, 2003
                Isn't possible to start doing things for not the best of reasons but that leading to the right reasons. For example, I know kids who went to church camp, just to get their parents off their backs, and ended up getting a testimony of Christ while there and it changing their life. Bridget

                <m.payton@s...> wrote:
                > IN MAKING CHANGES NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT..........RIGHT?

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Inge Anderson
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 25, 2003
                  At 06:01 PM 7/24/2003 -0500, Bridget Night wrote:
                  > Isn't possible to start doing things for not the best of reasons but
                  > that leading to the right reasons. For example, I know kids who went to
                  > church camp, just to get their parents off their backs, and ended up
                  > getting a testimony of Christ while there and it changing their life.

                  Right on, Bridget!

                  Furthermore, God accepts the "wrong" reasons & takes us from there. He even
                  offers rewards and punishments -- heaven and hell-- in order to get us to
                  do things His way. But that's *not* the "right" reason to do things His
                  way. He wants our freely chosen love. But He knows our weakness and uses
                  all possible methods to move us from Satan's camp to His camp, where He
                  knows we fill find the joy we've been seeking. :)

                  Blessings,
                  Inge

                  Inge Anderson <inge@...>
                  Sponsor of <http://www.glow.cc> an internet site for
                  Christians with same-gender attractions and their friends.
                  A bruised reed shall he not break....
                  Isaiah 42:3
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 30, 2003
                    Hi Inge,

                    I guess we all must be busy in the summer and want to get out while the wheather is good since hardly anyone is posting. I was wondering how Roger and others on this group are doing. I really liked how you elaborated on my post. I totally agree. Bridget
                    At 06:01 PM 7/24/2003 -0500, Bridget Night wrote:
                    > Isn't possible to start doing things for not the best of reasons but
                    > that leading to the right reasons. For example, I know kids who went to
                    > church camp, just to get their parents off their backs, and ended up
                    > getting a testimony of Christ while there and it changing their life.

                    Right on, Bridget!

                    Furthermore, God accepts the "wrong" reasons & takes us from there. He even
                    offers rewards and punishments -- heaven and hell-- in order to get us to
                    do things His way. But that's *not* the "right" reason to do things His
                    way. He wants our freely chosen love. But He knows our weakness and uses
                    all possible methods to move us from Satan's camp to His camp, where He
                    knows we fill find the joy we've been seeking. :)

                    Blessings,
                    Inge

                    Inge Anderson <inge@...>
                    Sponsor of <http://www.glow.cc> an internet site for
                    Christians with same-gender attractions and their friends.
                    A bruised reed shall he not break....
                    Isaiah 42:3

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • David
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30, 2003
                      speaking of roger,anyone in contact with him and knows hoew he is
                      doing? used to chat online dailey but havent seen him for a cuople of
                      weeks

                      david g london

                      <BridgetNight123@h...> wrote:
                      > Hi Inge,
                      >
                      > I guess we all must be busy in the summer and want to get out while
                      the wheather is good since hardly anyone is posting. I was wondering
                      how Roger and others on this group are doing. I really liked how you
                      elaborated on my post. I totally agree. Bridget
                      been removed]