Special Story

  • Stephen Modawell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      A story tells that two friends were walking through

      the desert. During some point of the journey they

      had an argument, and one friend slapped the other

      one in the face.

      The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying

      anything, wrote in the sand:

      TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

      They kept on walking until they found an oasis,

      where they decided to take a bath. The one who had

      been slapped got stuck in the mire and started

      drowning, but the friend saved him.

      After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote

      on a stone:

      TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.

      The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend

      asked him,

      "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now,

      you write on a stone, why?" The other friend replied

      "When someone hurts us we should write it down in

      sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away.

      But, when someone does something good for us, we

      must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever

      erase it."

      LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN
      STONE.