David Wilkerson msg on 9/ll

  • danoflvnvusa
    Message 1 of 628 , Oct 2, 2001
      after 35 minute download listen to message for America on www.worldchallenge.org
    • ctickle777
      Message 628 of 628 , Oct 1, 2009
        I want to chime in alongside Debbie regarding Tem49.

        I do hope other male members will still respond to this man, as I know many of our members have experienced the same struggle he has so bravely shared. It does appear he joined the group and then changed his mind shortly thereafter; however, all of the posts are viewable to non-members to my knowledge which means he can still read the response messages that post to the general discussion board.

        Members, if you feel as though your experience could be of comfort to him, I want to encourage you to respond even though he is no longer considered a member, as he may check the main page periodically.

        Tem49, if you are reading this, I want to recommend you seek counsel and guidance through Exodus ministries. Their website is http://exodusinternational.org/

        On a personal note, I believe sin is sin, and there is no sin scale by which we may compare your temptation to other temptations (i.e.: drinking, fornication, murder, slander, etc.). I also realize there is a good deal of shame in what you are feeling, but remember that God does not shame or "guilt" us as this is not the role of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit convicts a person, but shame and guilt are not from Him - those feelings are from our enemy. It is clear by your account that you are convicted of these feelings and you have been able to turn from this temptation time and again.

        Just don't allow Satan to use shame to prevent you from seeking guidance, help, or Godly counsel from others who share in your struggle. :) I realize you are married and have much on the line right now; just admitting your struggle publicly was a huge first step because you have an arsenal of prayer partners now that you didn't have before. :) You are not alone. :) Also know that God loves you and we will continue to pray for you in the midst of your struggle, whether you choose to rejoin the group and respond, or not. I hope you will reconsider joining the group as there are many people here who can offer you their encouragement and support; however, if you really feel you need more immediate support, which is something this forum cannot offer, please contact Exodus as they have representatives all over the U.S. as well as local ministries who may assist you in a variety of ways in addition to maintaining your privacy.

        Blessings in Christ,