Re: [ExGDBd] Another person posted this on my e-mail. Any suggestions on how to respond??

    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2003
      I have dealt with these kind of emails and people a lot lately. There is little you can say that would change their minds because they are so hurt and wounded. But, we can pray for them. I have tried to show these kind of people the Spitzer report, testimonies of Richard Cohen, and others who have changed and are so much happier. I try to get them to watch the ex-gay marches of hundreds who testify they have changed. Just because a large number of dieters may not loose weight or just because everyone is not cured in AA meetings doesn't mean these type of groups don't serve a good purpose or have not helped anyone. It also doesn't mean we should just give up because we have failed or decide that living the gay life is good for you. God looketh upon the heart of man and if has tried to do the right thing, the atonement of Jesus Christ will cover him and heal him, if not in this life then the next.

      Bridget

          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2003
            There is nothing to say to a person like this. People who are not seeking the change that ex-gays are seeking cannot understand, and in many cases are adament, outspoken, and even violent/rude. I say leave it alone. Let God sort it out.

            Michael in TX

            Message 5 of 5 , May 13, 2003
              Ralph, I get these often and since they did not want to divulge their
              identity by posting on the board, I respect that, but post their info
              here anyway as a chance to exercise the groups "apologetics" skills.
              I tehn, in turn, post the "good ones" as an e-mail reply back to the
              original person who sent the e-mail. THis let's e "off the hook" from
              having to respond directly to these folks and let you have atry at it!
              !

              Thanks

              --Alan

              --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Puccini"