wake up call

  • Michael Bodine
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
      I received a phone call from my best friend last night. He and his wife live far away from me in Dayton, OH. I've known them both for about 11 years. He will be my best man in a couple of months and she will play the piano at our wedding. They are very special people to me. They are the kind of christian couple that you hold up as an example and ideal of what marriage and parenthood needs to be like. . . .which is why i was shocked to hear what he had to say.

      He told me that although they were not going to get a divorce, they were having some troubles and needed me to be praying for them. I told him that of course I would, and then he began to give me specifics. (By the way, he is ssa also) He told me that he had been trying to do things on his own and thought he had all of this beat. About a month ago his mind was reverting to some old patterns though, and he was doing not much to stop it. Anyway, long story short, he has commited adultery with a man. (not that it matters who it is with)

      So, now his wife is dealing with it for really the very first time. She has known about his ssa from the beginning but has never really talked about it and dealt with what it really means. She wanted to call and talk to my fiancee about it but feels it would not be fair since our wedding is coming up and she does not want to place unfounded fear in her mind.

      My buddy on the other hand called me and talked to me about it and I am so thankful. He told me to never think that its not there or that it is going away. He told me to always recognize the need for positive male love in my life and to fill that need in positive, healthy ways. He told me to find men to pray with and to share with.

      Anyway, long story short. . .although I have not been thinking that everything is perfect and the ssa is gone, I have been kinda complacent on it as of late. I am excited about the wedding and busy at work. . .blah blah blah. Point is. . .if I (we) allow it, the ssa (satan the deceiver) can and will rule and ruin our lives. He is against all good, and he is especially eager to ruin our relationships and marriages.

      Just some thoughts to ponder. This has helped me.

      Michael in TX

    • Nieuwleven
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
        Hi Michael,

        Just to let you know that I will be praying for your friend, and for
        your wedding. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is encouraging to
        have a balanced view of our problematic. I mean, even if one is
        blessed to get married to a woman, this does not mean that the inner
        struggles are gone. And these struggles may stay in our lives.
        However the true victory is when by grace we don't act on them. At
        least this is what I am trying to learn and to apply in my life. Of
        course healthy relationships with other men are a must in our
        healing process.

        God Bless You,

        ARMAND

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Bodine"