Thank you

  • Posejoe@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2002
      Thank you guys for accepting me into your community...It has been a great
      source of accomplishment. I have been using a friends account whos name
      is phil,. becuase i do not want my parents to find out about my
      sexuality. My friend is helping me through this 2 and he said i can use
      his account. Thank you guys for accepting my plea for help and your
      willingness to support me in the weeks ahead.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Christa Tickle
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2004
        Hi all. I just wanted to thank each of you for praying for me. I have had one of the most stressful and trying weeks ever regarding one of my children...and I know that some of you said a prayer or two for me, so I THANK YOU from the depths of my soul. I have been praying diligently that this burden and weight would be lifted off my shoulders and it has been, praise God! There is MUCH to be said in the power of prayer.

        Blessings to you all!

      • deider153
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 12 6:47 PM
          Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.
        • freekatnow
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2004
            Hello,
            I just wanted to say thank you to the people who suggested the
            courses on the setting captives free website. I am enrolled in the
            Door of Hope course now. It's only the 2nd day, but I have found may
            of the verses listed there to be very helpful. I have to get another
            pocket notebook to fill up with favorites from God's Word. Anyhow
            just wanted to say thanks, I really think these disucssion boards are
            a blessing. -KW
          • prodigal_son1967
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2005
              Thank you my brothers and sisters for replying to my post regarding my
              standing in my place as a Christian. It has really helped me. I do
              forgive my neice's co-worker and pray that our Lord will one day open
              this co-worker's eyes. At the same, I must be careful not to judge
              him. I must remain firm in my conviction that Christ loves us all. He
              understands my (our) pains, struggles, and knows my (our) hearts.
              Christ died for all. His love is for all. His forgiveness is for all.
              His compassion is for all. No one can separate us from the all that He
              has to offer.I(we)should always,always place my (our)trust in Him and
              NOT what others think or believe. Christ doesn't divide us; He unites
              us in His love. He doesn't call only to a few of the broken people; He
              calls to all the broken, and we are all broken in one way or another.

              Therefore, I(we)should not be discouraged, but rather encouraged
              because I(we)have been saved through the blood He shed on the cross
              and salvation is for all.
            • Gene
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 27, 2009
                It has been a long time since I have posted. Things have not been easy for me for the last six months. I became very dizzy in July, in August I began to have uncontrollable twitches, in September I began to have tremors in my hands and in November I lost the use of my right leg. After four days in the hospital I was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called familiar spastic paraplegia.
                I say all this not for sympathy but rather to say thanks to you all. It has been comforting to read the posts, not because I see anything wrong with me, but because I see that addressing my sexuality can bring me closer to Christ.
                My medical issues have changed the way that I look at many issues in my life, and my sexuality is included. God is my strength through every trial that I have gone, am going, and will go through. I have reached a point in my journey that SSA has taken a back seat to just being able to walk. Yet God has helped me not fall into temptation.
                My word to those that are still struggling is pray, and when you feel tempted, or if you fall, know that God will pick you up. Now to those that are offended by this group I will say many of the people that read the post are looking for a helping hand. SSA is a personal journey. Some do accept SSA has who they are, while others look to it has part of them. Still others, like myself, have lived such a life that trying to discern my sexuality without God would be impossible. There are many other spots on this spectrum that I am not aware of. For me, I just needed to read people's accounts of their struggles so that I could have even more strength to go to God.