Lead Us Not Into Confusion

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2012

      As I have said before, when I was doing wrong, I never perceived it as
      right, or even that I had a right to do it. I did it not because I had
      to or should, but because I wanted to and could. That doesn't make it
      right. And I didn't do it to fulfill some God-given destiny or proclaim
      some God-ordained identity. I did it to determine my own destiny and
      define my own identity. Very non-Christian is that, is it not?

      As my generation grew up, we determined not to be so up-tight, and in
      the process of loosening, we became less up-right. Consequently, we
      raised a generation intent on discovery and acceptance to the point
      where the compass was passed not to a new generation but into the past,
      or into a drawer for safekeeping, I hope, so it can be called upon again
      when the strayness takes its toll and we throw ourselves into a
      "where-do-we-go-from-here" panic.

      We need to turn back.

      I really hope you'll read the post this week on Signs of a Struggle.
      Here's the link: "Lead Us Not Into Confusion."
      <http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/2012/05/lead-us-not-into-confusion.\
      html>

      In Him,

      Thom