Ezra Introduction

  • Yiftos18
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2012
      My name is Ezra. I am a Messianic Jew and former pastor. I have a calling to return to ministry and do it now via internet. When I lived in LA, being gay was no big deal but I have returned to S. Texas where it IS a big deal.

      I was unsuccessfully married and divorced, SSA being an issue and my ex-wife outed me to my community. I have no children. I enjoy writing (especially the milieu of the Written Word), teaching, encouraging and the performance arts. I am an actor and Greek, Israeli and Middle Eastern folk dancer. I speak different languages and can write and translate into Spanish.

      I have nonsymptomatic AIDS but even that has been a miracle because when I was diagnosed, I was told that I had less than two months to live. That was 20 years ago and it hasn't been easy but through Him I have victory.
    • Paul Silen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2012
        Shalom and welcome,

        I too am a Messianic Jew. I have been involved in the gay sceene for twenty years. And with The Lord's help that part of my live is a thing of the past. And your's will be too.

      • Yiftos18
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2012
          I am HIV+ and have AIDS and living on almost NOTHING.....LITERALLY!!!! I wish
          that SSA were my major demon because that one I have defeated.
          Yesterday in group therapy, I told them that a poem that I identified since I
          was about seven or eight years old is called "REIR, LLORANDO" (Laughing
          [Smiling], Crying", a Spanish poem based on a real English actor.In the poem a
          person goes to a famous doctor that advises this person, the patient, with
          various cures and the doctor finally recommends that the patient see a famous
          actor. The person, the patient, says,"Change the prescription, I am that
          actor!"I am a performing artist and I stated YESTERDAY that often when I am on
          stage, I razzle dazzle but before or after I go to the bathroom and cry.

          I just got finished emotionally dumped on by my aunt and feel as bad as bad can
          be. I realize it was a demonic attack but I just broke down and profusely cried
          because they have such charmed lives and don't understand what I am going
          through and I they DON"T want to understand!After all, they are doctors, lawyers
          and educators and live "la dolce vita." They can't admit that I have AIDS and a
          plethora of other diseases and living in poverty. They are not at all supportive
          of me, a Jew, being Messianic and a former pastor.

          Sorry for the rambling and the venting!

          ezra