Another Blind Eye to a Small Boy's Cry

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2011
      It's hard to ignore the Penn State tragedy. Though some refer to it as a
      scandal, that greatly diminishes what has occurred there, under the
      watchful eyes of men who are considered, buy their positions with the
      university, to be leaders among men. Obviously, they failed, in so many
      ways. Not that we all don't, of course. The consequences are momentous
      for the boys who were abused, not only by the coach, but by the system
      whereby men cover up for each other. As many of us know, sexual abuse
      often leads to sexual brokenness. These boys -- some now young men --
      have a difficult road ahead of them.
      Once again, little ones have gone unprotected, with small boys
      victimized by both the twisted and broken and the blind and indifferent.
      I was sexually- abused decades ago, at the age of 8. No victim ever
      forgets.
      For the hope of the Penn State small boys and other children being
      abused, often despite the awareness of others who look the other way,
      I'm sharing my story here. It may be helpful to some of you or to
      people you know. This is the link to Another Blind Eye to a Small Boy's
      Cry: Signs of a Struggle. <http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/> I
      welcome your feedback through comments here or on the blog.
      God Bless,
      Thom Hunter