Sexual Brokenness: A Survivable Struggle

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      Sexual Brokenness: A Survivable Struggle

      Good Guys,

      It took me a long time to admit I was "sexually-broken." I knew
      from an early age that engaging in sexual activity with a person of the
      same sex was wrong. I knew it instinctively, but I also knew it
      spiritually. God's Word was clear on the issue. Still, it seemed
      impossible to resist and yielding to it cost me greatly. Only by
      accepting the fact that I was "broken," could I accept my need
      for repair, through a desire for holiness.

      My issue was homosexuality, but many Christians struggle with other
      forms of sexual brokenness: pornography addiction, lust, adultery,
      idolatry. What was meant for good – our sexuality – has been
      corrupted in many ways. Still, those of us who know Christ will always
      hope to replace our brokenness with wholeness though holiness. It is a
      survivable struggle.

      Let's help the broken seek wholeness. This is a struggle that can
      be overcome.

      I hope you will read and share my post with anyone needing
      encouragement. If you think you don't know someone who is dealing
      with a sexual issue, you must be living on your own island somewhere. At
      least you have Internet access.

      You can read the post at
      http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/2011/03/sexual-brokenness-survivable\
      -struggle.html
      <http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/2011/03/sexual-brokenness-survivabl\
      e-struggle.html>

      If you want, please leave a comment at the blog site. Your feedback is
      always helpful to me and the blog readers.

      God Bless,

      Thom --

      http://www.thomhunter.com <http://www.thomhunter.com/>