Admin: Rules about reposting another's comments

  • DebbieThurman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      Greetings to all. It came to my attention this morning that we'd received a complaint from an individual whose former blog comments had been reposted without permission to this group. This happened quite some time ago, but they were in our archives and were a violation of this person's privacy, as well as of general Internet etiquette. The posts in question have been deleted.

      In the future, let's all remember that reposting comments from someone without their express permission is a no-no. I've been approached by folks who've asked me if they can repost something I've written. Depending on the forum, I generally say yes. Chances are, you will be given permission to repost if you take the time to ask. This person has compelling reasons for privacy just now.

      Thank you all for remembering this in the future. If I see reposted comments coming through here, I will be asking for the author's contact information so I can verify they have granted permission.

      Best,

      Debbie Thurman