Re: me again

  • DebbieThurman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2010
      Sorry, John, that your posts appear in reverse order here. Welcome! Sounds like you've carried a heavy burden for quite a long time. Praying that God may grant you the peace to lay it at His feet, and that this group may help with that in some small way.

      I am blessed to be part of a church that does minister to strugglers like I was once. Others, as you say, have not opened themselves to that kind of ministry yet, but I am doing what I can to see that change. To that end, I have a book coming out January 15: "Post-Gay? Post-Christian?: Anatomy of a Cultural and Faith Identity Crisis." It contains messages for many of us, but most of all, for the Church. Here is the Amazon.com link:

      http://www.amazon.com/Post-Gay-Post-Christian-Anatomy-Cultural-Identity/dp/0967628962/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290110033&sr=1-1

      Bless you!

      Debbie

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "JohnR" <piperjohn2@...> wrote:

      > Oh and thanks for opening the door to this group for me I am working on my blog and have read "Turning Controversy Into Church Ministry" and the author I feel hits the nail on the head. As I have yet to see a church address this issue and offer help or start a small group for us. Most feel as ours does the mixed small group will address this issue,,, YA SURE....

    • piperjohn2 tds.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2010
        Debbie,

        Actually the posts showed as I sent them, I always have after thoughts, I
        put your book in my wish list for perhaps after Christmas.

        Thanks for the comments and post,

        John