Surviving Sexual Brokenness: What Grace Can Do

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2010

      There is no secret too buried . . . no past too dark . . . no confusion
      too deep . . . no sin too ugly . . . no inner or outer fault so
      distasteful that it is above the enduring and ever-present grace of God.
      Nothing can separate us from our Father's love.

      If you are like me, sometimes it's hard to believe that God loves us
      that much, but He truly does, as I have discovered, and as has been
      confirmed through sharing with and hearing from you for the past year or
      so. Thank you all for that.

      I wanted to let you know that my new book, Surviving Sexual Brokenness:
      What Grace Can Do, has been released by WestBow Press, a division of
      Thomas Nelson. It's available on Amazon.com and pretty much everywhere.
      I've posted the Introduction on my blog this week and I hope you'll go
      there and read it and perhaps share a comment.

      If you would like an autographed copy, it would be an honor to sign one
      and send it to you. We've all been through a lot together. So, if you
      would like your book autographed, be sure and use this link --
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-surviving-sexual-b\
      rokenness-what.html
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-surviving-sexual-\
      brokenness-what.html> -- and order it right off of my blog. In the
      ordering process, you'll see an opportunity to tell me for sure who you
      want your book signed for. I'll get it out to you quickly.

      I hope the book will be helpful and encouraging for you or for anyone
      you know who is struggling with homosexuality, pornography or
      heterosexual lust. We're all in this together, all seeking to overcome
      through grace and forgiveness and the power of the Holy Spirit.

      I love you in the Lord.

      God Bless,

      Thom Hunter

      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

    • anotherbrokenone
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2011
        I would definitely like to get your book!
        It has been my experience to hear repeatedly in my life: "Temptation is a sin" and "If you'd just repent [of being tempted]" and "You can't be tempted like that and be a Christian at the same time." Twelve years ago, I took a steak knife to myself, thinking a) God doesn't want me any more, and b) maybe if I took Jesus literally with the whole "if your eye offends you" thing I can make my struggle go away and God would like me then. I survived, only by His Grace. And over the years since, I have learned 1) No, temptation is NOT a sin; 2) You can't repent of being tempted and 3) Jesus was tempted in EVERY point like we are. He is our High Priest, our Advocate with the Father. HE understands; 4) He forgives; 5) What I need is to hear that I am equal to other men, to feel that I am, to know it/believe it.

        I know of two guys, separate by years and by miles, who committed suicide because they didn't get the Grace they so desperately pined for. I am sure your book will help others understand that grace is key to our healing. Thank you for writing it. I look forward to reading it!

        ~John