Are You Hiding in Your Furnace?

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      Happy Tuesday! I pray that you have felt the closeness of God today and
      His great concern and love for you and desire to set you free. I was
      thinking about that today as I wrote the blog post: Are You Hiding in
      Your Furnace?
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/2010/11/are-you-hiding-in-you\
      r-furnace.html> I'd be interested in your reaction. Here's a
      paragraph from the post:
      "I think sometimes strugglers can become so accustomed to the heat that
      they cannot feel the nice cool breeze of change when it comes. We make
      pillows from the ashes of defeat and rest our heads and close our eyes
      and fake a cheaper peace. "I am okay with who I am. God made me this
      way." And the breeze -- instead of ushering in hope -- begins to suck
      the life out of us. We wanted a hurricane, powerful enough to collapse
      all the places we had built inside in which we hide. We wanted a mighty
      wave to sweep the landscape clean from shore to shore, but instead,
      we're stuck with the broken stubbles that cling to the barren ground and
      make us look . . . so broken."
      Read more at http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/> God Bless,