The Day My Father Did Not Die

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2010
      It's been very interesting thinking through life to track the path that
      led me into a hidden life that did not honor God . . . and to see His
      great love for me as He heard me in my distress and began to heal me,
      leading me into a transparent life with a desire to honor Him. We are
      all surrounded by enticements to sin . . . a reality of living in this
      world. But what an awesome God we serve if we so choose.
      In Chapter Nine of "The Weight of Who I Am," I remember how easy it was
      to turn a corner into sin, seeking what seemed good.
      If you'd like to read the latest chapter, it's posted at
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/> , as are the first eight
      chapters should you choose to catch up.
      Here's a little piece from this week's chapter:

      I was more than conflicted; I was equally-balanced between thinking life
      was revolving around me . . . and that life had stopped revolving
      altogether.

      Lisa assured me I had not died. "Yes, you are still a person," she
      would agree when I would say "I'm a person too," in doubt.

      Even when we disappear to everyone else . . . we are still here. The
      road that seems to connect to nowhere else still knows the way to God.

      God Bless,

      Thom Hunter