Not Some Kind of Anything

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2010
      Good Guys,
      We've all been through times when we just wanted people to drop the
      labels and be real. I hope you'll take a look at "Not Some Kind of
      Anything," which is Chapter 8 of "The Weight of Who I Am," the book I am
      writing on line. The new chapter is posted at this link:
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/2010/10/not-some-kind-of-anyth\
      ing.html
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/2010/10/not-some-kind-of-anyt\
      hing.html>
      (All the previous chapters are available on Signs of a Struggle as well.
      Here's paragraph from the chapter:

      Unlike God, who is aware of every final prayer of the people on a plane
      as it falls from the sky . . . and, at the same moment, just as aware of
      every first cry of a million babies being born . . . I was aware only of
      the crumbling of my own existence, certain that the last thread
      straining to hold it all together was in danger of snapping. It seemed
      callous that the rest of the world carried on so normally. TV was in
      re-runs. Grass was growing. Rain fell; the sun shined. They were solving
      the puzzles on the Wheel of Fortune. Day and night, dark and light. How
      dare the cycle of life be so unbroken. For me, there was no cause for
      even the most minimal optimism.

      God Bless,

      Thom Hunter