What Would You Do?

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2010
      Guys,

      As you know, one of my main goals is to help churches learn how to
      minister to the sexually-broken and their families.

      If you realized a member of your immediate family was struggling with
      homosexuality, or addicted to pornography, or having an adulterous
      affair, what would you do? These are all forms of sexual brokenness,
      and they are all present within the Christian community.

      Statistics don't mean much if the statistic is you or a person in your
      family. In many Christian families, the realization that a brother,
      sister, son, daughter, mom, dad, uncle, aunt, cousin or other immediate
      family member is "sexually-broken," is often an unexpected wake-up call.
      Reactions range from "I had no idea," to "I've kinda' wondered."
      parties. Why the wide range? Christians are often the least-prepared of
      all to respond with truth and compassion, despite the fact we have
      access to God's Word and to the Holy Spirit to help us understand it.

      Of course, part of the problem is the church's failure to address openly
      and accurately one of the most compelling culture-driven problems of
      several generations in a row now. Some churches do, but, grading on a
      generous curve, the overall grade is a monumental failure.

      I posted a poll on the blog that focuses on one variation of sexual
      brokenness: the practice of homosexuality. The poll is completely
      anonymous and I encourage you to participate by clicking this link:
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

      I hope also that you will leave comments below the post, particularly if
      the answers I've provided for your selection don't adequately address
      your response.

      In two weeks, after all the results are in, I'll report the results of
      the poll . . . and tell you what I would do.

      God Bless,

      Thom Hunterhttp://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>