Why Was My Voice So Small?

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      As you all know, I've been writing a book on line a chapter at a time on
      my blog. This week, in "The Weight of Who I Am," I tell my personal
      story of having been a victim of childhood sexual abuse. I know that
      some of you have also been victims. I'm sharing to encourage and
      empathize, but also to increase awareness of a problem that continues to
      plague our world. I hope you will take heart in the chapter, "Why Was
      My Voice So Small?"
      The entire chapter is, as always, on the blog, at
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/> . I welcome your feedback.
      Here's a paragraph from the story:
      I took to Mr. Hooten right off. He reminded me of all the good things
      about Daddy. Mr. Hooten decided I could join the troop –
      unofficially – even though I was only eight, several years too
      young. He promised Mother he would watch out for me; he promised my
      brother he would not let me be too big a pest. And he promised me
      he'd "protect" me from the older boys, just in case any of
      them might be bullies. I was parading in the personal attention. I was
      finally someone's favorite, and I was anxious to learn all the
      things Mr. Hooten could teach me.
      God Bless,
      Thomhttp://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
        Good Morning,
        If you were ever sexually-abused as a child, or know someone who was, I
        hope you will read my story on "The Good Men Project Magazine."
        http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/i-was-molested/#comment-16417
        <http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/i-was-molested/#comment-1641\
        7>
        Thank you,