The Graceless Gospel of Guilt

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2010
      Good Guys,
      The gospel of guilt: "From him who fails much, much failure is
      expected."
      Intrigued? I hope you'll visit the blog this week. And, of course, I
      am always interested in your thoughts shared here or on the blog itself.
      Your insight is always helpful to those who read.
      Just click on this link and you'll be there:
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>
      God Bless,
      Thom

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2011
        The Graceless Gospel of Guilt

        Good Guys,

        I'm giving away 5 copies of my book, Surviving Sexual Brokenness: What
        Grace Can Do this week in a random drawing of people who choose to share
        the blog post further to their Facebook Friends, or leave a comment on
        the blog after reading it . . . if you happen to be someone who doesn't
        do Facebook. Either way, if you leave a comment, or forward the post,
        just shoot me an e-mail and I you will be in the random drawing for one
        of the five copies to be given away. (Your e-mail will be used only for
        the drawing!)

        Thanks for reading and sharing the truth of grace with those who
        struggle. Feel free to friend me if you are on Facebook.

        Here's a paragraph from this week's blog post and a link to the blog if
        you would like to read the post and enter the drawing for a free copy of
        Surviving Sexual Brokenness: What Grace Can Do. ------

        When we rise into grace, we may stand on legs with bloody knees and
        extend scraped palms. This is where the healing begins. Not in the
        dark recesses of the cave where we shiver in the dark, but in the light,
        where the pain begins to absorb the warmth of grace and we display our
        wounds and pray for healing. I just think that sometimes we look to the
        left and the right for someone to tell us how to get out of this pit of
        sorry guilt . . . and we need to look up. For correction and mercy and
        the courage to embrace grace. (For more, please go to
        http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/
        <http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/> )

        God Bless,

        Thom -- http://thomhunter.com/ <http://thomhunter.com/>

        The YouTube trailer for the book is located at
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt7LdZwegkU
        <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt7LdZwegkU>

      • piperjohn2 tds.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2011
          Thom,
          I have you on my faceboo but not quite ready to make a bold statement on my
          SSA on facebook yet as my family (Sons) who don't know dad has homosexual
          thoughts, plus friends at church, I do want to start a older teens and mens
          group but so far it hasn't gotten past the talking stage as you porbably
          know my church is like 99% of them. The men and teens don't have "THOSE"
          sort of problems...

          I for one wonder what you did to turn you son's against you in such a
          hostile and vicious way......

          JohnR in WI

          On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Thom Hunter <th2950@...> wrote:

          > The Graceless Gospel of Guilt
          >
          > Good Guys,
          >
          > I'm giving away 5 copies of my book, Surviving Sexual Brokenness: What
          > Grace Can Do this week in a random drawing of people who choose to share
          > the blog post further to their Facebook Friends, or leave a comment on
          > the blog after reading it . . . if you happen to be someone who doesn't
          > do Facebook. Either way, if you leave a comment, or forward the post,
          > just shoot me an e-mail and I you will be in the random drawing for one
          > of the five copies to be given away. (Your e-mail will be used only for
          > the drawing!)
          >
          > Thanks for reading and sharing the truth of grace with those who
          > struggle. Feel free to friend me if you are on Facebook.
          >
          > Here's a paragraph from this week's blog post and a link to the blog if
          > you would like to read the post and enter the drawing for a free copy of
          > Surviving Sexual Brokenness: What Grace Can Do. ------
          >
          > When we rise into grace, we may stand on legs with bloody knees and
          > extend scraped palms. This is where the healing begins. Not in the
          > dark recesses of the cave where we shiver in the dark, but in the light,
          > where the pain begins to absorb the warmth of grace and we display our
          > wounds and pray for healing. I just think that sometimes we look to the
          > left and the right for someone to tell us how to get out of this pit of
          > sorry guilt . . . and we need to look up. For correction and mercy and
          > the courage to embrace grace. (For more, please go to
          > http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/
          > <http://www.signsofastruggleblog.com/> )
          >
          > God Bless,
          >
          > Thom -- http://thomhunter.com/ <http://thomhunter.com/>
          >
          > The YouTube trailer for the book is located at
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt7LdZwegkU
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt7LdZwegkU>

        • DebbieThurman
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2011
            This message, too, got caught in the infernal pending zone. So very sorry for the delay in posting it. The problem appears to be resolved no, so do not hesitate to continue posting, everyone.

            While we're at it, a few pending memberships also were delayed for the same reason.

            Debbie