This Won't Hurt a Bit

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2010
      Good Guys,
      I hope your week is going well. If you get a chance to visit the blog,
      I would, as always appreciate your thoughts. I hope it will be helpful
      to you.
      Here's a brief graph from the blog, this week, which is titled "This
      Won't Hurt a Bit." Just click on the link below to read the whole post.

      Honestly . . . would it hurt that bad for us to just be honest with each
      other? Sexual brokenness -- whether it manifests itself as
      homosexuality, sexual addiction, pornography, idolatry, adultery,
      self-indulgence or another form -- hurts. It wreaks havoc. It can
      destroy the broken one and devastate the lives of those who are close
      enough to feel the impact of the personal implosion. In the mean-time,
      while we debate whether it is too painful to be truthful, we let culture
      administer so much anesthesia that all affected become numb.

      Read the rest at: http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>
      God Bless,
      Thomhttp://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2010
        Paul,
        Great to hear from you . . . and thank you so much for the feedback on the blog.  I think we really need to get serious about the role of the church, don't you?  We need to let the church know we're willing and hopefully they respond.
        I guess you are doing well these days?
        Thomhttp://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2010
          Paul, I am delighted beyond words to hear this report from you.

          So often, we sit on the sidelines, feeling sorry for ourselves because no one is reaching out to us. That may mean they simply don't know we exist or that we struggle as we do. But how many on the ministering end are praying and waiting on God to show them what to do? Hallelujah! You allowed God to move you into position on the Big Chess Board of Life. In this game, check mate is a good thing. We want to meet the King up close and personal.

          Praying God will use these events to His glory. Bless you, brother!

          Do you mind if I share this with a pastor friend (he's having a birthday tomorrow), who has worked tirelessly to bring about such divine appointments in churches?

          Debbie

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gaetani <paulgaetani@...> wrote:

          > Hi Thom!
          >

          > Yes, I'm doing well. Yes, I am complete agreement with what you say. And it works.
          >

          > About two weeks ago now, I was slightly despairing because I felt I was not going to find a church or ministry in my area to work with. Well, I decided right then and there, "If there is no church with a ministry to serve me, I am going to find one that is willing and make them minister to me."
          >

          > The local newspaper prints a two page spread once a week with listings of all the local churches. So, I grabbed my pen, my phone, and my laptop and starting e-mailing and making some phone calls. From many, I received no response. From a couple, I received kind, loving but uninformed responses. From two different pastors, I received confirmation. Indeed, one pastor shared with me that his brother had died from AIDS about ten years ago. Several conversations and meetings later with another pastor, I am now working with a local pastor who has felt for several years now that a serious, authentic ministry for men was lacking in the community. Also, he brought a man from his congregation that works as a personal trainer and is frequently approached by men with ssa and propositioned. He has felt God calling on him to minister to these individuals in love, but has felt inadequately prepared.
          >

          > It is still amazing to me that I stepped out in faith, that God has provided for me, and not only that, both of these men feel as if God has answered their prayers by sending me into their life! I am absolutely blown away how God can use me in my brokenness!
          >

          > We are unsure exactly how this ministry will come together, but we are all willing to wait faithfully on the Lord and allow him to show us his will in this matter.
          >

          > So, in this example, by approaching the local churches with a spirit of honesty and need, my needs have been met, the needs of the pastor and this other gentleman have been met, and we are preparing for the Lord's direction on how to meet the needs of other men in the community.
          >

          > Truly, our God is a wonderful God!
          >

          > Paul
          >

          > > To: exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: th2950@...
          > > Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 18:49:46 -0700
          > > Subject: RE: [ExGDBd] This Won't Hurt a Bit
          > >
          > > Paul,
          > > Great to hear from you . . . and thank you so much for the feedback on the blog. I think we really need to get serious about the role of the church, don't you? We need to let the church know we're willing and hopefully they respond.
          > > I guess you are doing well these days?
          > > Thomhttp://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

        • DebbieThurman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2010
            Great. And Thom, thanks for your excellent blog post.