In the Comfort of the Clearing

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2010

      First of all, I just want to thank all of you who go to the trouble to
      visit the blog. I pray that you find encouragement there. This week I
      took a look at how the Lord comforts us in dark times:

      A small part of me wants to hang on to vengeance. I find myself looking
      back and wishing I could repay some harms, teach a few lessons here and
      there, put one or two folks in their places (wherever that would be) and
      perhaps point a few fingers of righteousness at ones I declare wicked.
      But, there is a larger part of me that is thankful that vengeance is the
      Lord's. There's another part of me that also wishes everyone else knew
      and believed that -- that vengeance is the Lord's -- and would quit
      trying to do what God has said He will take care of. So, you see, I
      have many parts, being "wondrously made." No wonder God's love has to
      be so deep and wide. I'm so often veering one way or another, up or
      down, side-to-side. Still, His mercy is just inescapable. Vengeance?
      Maybe also?

      If you'd like to read the rest, it's at
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

      God Bless,

      Thom

      Also . . . We all need Internet accountability software to battle the
      onslaught of pornography. If you click on the link below, you can
      receive 30 days of Covenant Eyes for free. It's the software I use.

      http://www.covenanteyes.com/?promocode=SignsofaStruggle
      <http://www.covenanteyes.com/?promocode=SignsofaStruggle>