Re: [ExGDBd] Advice on finding a mentor?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 8:55 PM
      Paul,

      This is always a tough one.  It's hard if there is not someone who jumps out in your mind from church, for instance.  I assume you are looking for a face-to-face mentor.  Correct?  Are you in business, by chance?  Is there a CBMC group in your area?  Are you anywhere near an Exodus ministry?  How about asking your pastor if he can recommend someone in your church who is trustworthy and safe?

      Thom
      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 9:09 PM
        I know of three 12-Step fellowships that can really help you out. They are, Sex Addicts Anonymous, Sexual Compulsives Anonymous, Sexaholics Anonymous. I have been involved with Sex Addicts Anonymous and they have really helped me a lot. I would never have made it through recovery without that fellowship. I don't know where you live but if you live within close proximity to a town of at least fifty-thousand, there is bound to be at least one meeting in your community. You can Google these fellowships and you will find their websites. If you are really serious about recovery, and you pray about it, I'm sure that The Lord will find you a mentor.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2 4:24 AM
          Paul, do you mean an accountability partner? FWIW, I believe any mature, godly man can fill that role. As Thom suggested, a pastoral recommendation might be best.

          Debbie

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gaetani <paulgaetani@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >

          > I recently started professional counseling and my counselor recommends that I find a mentor. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already looked into Men's Fraternity, but there are no groups in my area.
          >

          > Thanks for any help you can offer.
          >

          > Paul

        • DebbieThurman
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2 6:13 AM