Interesting Article I wanted to share

  • C
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
      Hi all,

      I recently read this article and found it very interesting. I'm posting a link below.

      http://www.theonion.com/content/news/gay_teen_worried_he_might_be

      I would love to hear your thoughts.

    • DebbieThurman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
        Funny. No one does satire better than The Onion. If you read the article about the evangelical couple's wedding night, you get an even clearer picture of how sad and anti-Christian this satire is, however. (These people are too young today, apparently, to remember the infamous Redbook survey that revealed Christians have the best sex lives.)

        But we, of all people, ought to be able to laugh at ourselves. Baptists love a good Baptist joke, for instance, while an unbeliever is not likely to get it.

        Debbie

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "C" <ctickle777@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I recently read this article and found it very interesting. I'm posting a link below.
        >
        > http://www.theonion.com/content/news/gay_teen_worried_he_might_be
        >
        > I would love to hear your thoughts.
        >
        > Blessings,
        > Christa

      • C
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
          Hmmm. Now I'm scratching my head. Am I reading this correctly? Was this article a joke or was it actually representative of a kid in Kentucky? Wow - I'm feeling rather chagrined right now. LOL. ;) Thanks, Debbie!

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "DebbieThurman" <debbie@...> wrote:

          > Funny. No one does satire better than The Onion. If you read the article about the evangelical couple's wedding night, you get an even clearer picture of how sad and anti-Christian this satire is, however. (These people are too young today, apparently, to remember the infamous Redbook survey that revealed Christians have the best sex lives.)
          >
          > But we, of all people, ought to be able to laugh at ourselves. Baptists love a good Baptist joke, for instance, while an unbeliever is not likely to get it.
          >
          > Debbie
          >
          > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "C" <ctickle777@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I recently read this article and found it very interesting. I'm posting a link below.
          > >
          > > http://www.theonion.com/content/news/gay_teen_worried_he_might_be
          > >
          > > I would love to hear your thoughts.
          > >
          > > Blessings,
          > > Christa