Why Such a Lonely Reach?

  • ThomH
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009

      The Christmas season can cause some of us to reflect a bit on the losses
      in our lives as well as the great gains we've made as strugglers through
      the gift of God's grace.

      Oddly, when I was writing this week I remembered a poignant song from
      Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol from way back in the '60s. If you'd like to
      see the clip, I posted it with my blog piece this week. I hope you are
      all having a blessed Christmas season already.

      Here's the opening graph of the blog:

      I don't know if I first saw Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol the night it
      premiered on TV in 1962 as the first-ever animated television Christmas
      special . . . but I know I saw it every time it came on after that.
      It's funny what can speak to us and when, but as an eight-year-old in
      his first Christmas without his dad and his first Christmas as a
      sexually-molested boy, something about that lonely reach spoke to my
      little heart and it never let me go.

      http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/
      <http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/>

      God Bless,