Group Status - URGENT - close the group???

  • ncxds
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
      I checked the stats and it looks we have dropped from 100s of posts each month to less than a few posts each week!! Seems God has sent us all in different directions and people are getting their healing needs met elsewhere.

      Should we close the group?? The Links website went down this past week due to the closure by Yahoo of GeoCities. That was our main referall for people to reach this group.

      I have not been actively involved for several years due to family, work, and church needs.

      Is anyone else willing to take over and re-grow? or should we shut down? or should we just leave it as-is, a place where people can come with their problems, even if it is less often than before!?!?

      What do you guys think? I would especially like to hear from the moderators.

      And, BTW, Mods.... THANKS for keeping this group going in my absence. It means a lot to me!!!

      --Alan Levering, Founder & Director
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
        Alan,

        First of all, thanks for founding the group.  I know a number of us have scratched our heads in the past few months as the activity decreased.  No clear reason seems to have emerged.  In the absence of that clarity, I would hate to see it dissolved.  However, new members who come to the group hoping to receive help and support and finding no response to their postings, are not being assisted.

        I'm not sure how to better promote the group.  Is there a way to actually poll the members and seek a one-time response to find out if they are still actively reading the posts that do go on here?

        I know that when I joined I appreciated very much some of the input and encouragement.

        Thom
        http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
          Alan, I, too, am at a loss to explain the lack of participation by members here in recent months. I would hate to see the group fall by the wayside, though. I suggest keeping it going for now. I do hope folks out there who are hurting or who have questions are getting help elsewhere, but we don't know. We've tried putting some feelers out a time or two, but got little or no response.

          Debbie Thurman
          TheFormers.com

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thom Hunter <th2950@...> wrote:

          > Alan,
          >
          > First of all, thanks for founding the group.  I know a number of us have scratched our heads in the past few months as the activity decreased.  No clear reason seems to have emerged.  In the absence of that clarity, I would hate to see it dissolved.  However, new members who come to the group hoping to receive help and support and finding no response to their postings, are not being assisted.
          >
          > I'm not sure how to better promote the group.  Is there a way to actually poll the members and seek a one-time response to find out if they are still actively reading the posts that do go on here?
          >
          > I know that when I joined I appreciated very much some of the input and encouragement.
          >
          > Thom
          > http://thom-signsofastruggle.blogspot.com/

        • David Hensley
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
            Don't give up the Ship!  I, for one, need to get more involved.  Sorry I haven't been around.

            David

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
              David,
              What would be involved with taking over?

              ________________________________

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
                Dear Alan,

                Well, the life cycle of the group has probably passed, and we have all taken different roads. It has fulfilled its purpose so far, and in its time. Now new challenges are ahead for the new generations. I would say, since people are getting their healing needs met, it may be wise simply to leave the group as a reminder and archive of the process many have shared in the posts.

                Love in Jesus,

[...]

              • Charles David Evans
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
                    Sigh. Apologies to the group. Somehow, Charles' comment has been reproducing itself in a SPAM-like manner — why, I can't say. So it has inadvertently been posted several times here. I hope this is the last one.

                    Debbie