Re: Do straight sins encourage gay lifestyle to flourish?

  • newhope1966
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2009
      The Bible refers to adultery & fornication more often than homosexuality. So it is a double standard.

      I am not following the flow of the world but left the gay lifestyle & shed my gay identity when being gay is much more acceptable & safer than 25 years ago. How ironic because I decided to became gay when I was 18...the climate was far harsher where people hated homosexuals even more due to the AIDS epidemic. Then when the climate softened a lot over the years, it didn't stop me from becoming ex-gay!

      Ken

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "aformer54" <debbie@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > If straights come forward & share their stories about their own personal sexual sins & struggles, I believe it would help promote homosexuals to look at themselves & analyze their life in greater detail. I left the gay lifestyle when no one pressured me to do so. It was all my own doing. So if homosexuals are not targeted, they may be more comfortable looking at homosexuality in a different light than having to jump to defense mechanisms every time people refer how sinful homosexuality is. In addition, churches should play a much bigger role w/ dealing w/ straight sexual sins instead of looking the other way by figuring that heterosexuality is more godly & better even if it is done sinfully.
      > >
      > > When straights commit sexual sins, it makes homosexuals justify their own sins. Many years ago, the gay lifestyle was not even in existence. The idea of gay couples living together was very unspeakable let alone annoymous gay encounters. It was a normal pattern where gays had wives & children. Now most gays are single because they feel that homosexuality is not abnormal so they don't have to follow the society's expectations of getting married to women & having kids like in the old days.
      > >
      > > Back in high school, I was struggling badly w/ my SSA feelings. I may not go much further if it was not for my straight peers losing their virginity when they originally said sex is for marriage only. They assumed that they would continue to have sex w/ one person then get married after high school. No, it was not the case. They ended up sleeping around w/ other people. Therefore, I decided that I could justify my gay sin when I saw a lot of straight people not honoring their original vows of remaining virgins til marriage. The same w/ married people who fool around behind their spouses' backs. So I believe the changing trends opened doors for the gay lifestyle to blast into our society. If it wasn't for straights loosening their morals, the gay culture would not go that far.
      > >
      > > So I am tired of hearing people blasting homosexuality on every possible angle w/o addressing directly of the pre-martial sex, adultery & other heterosexual sins. These also are inflicting a great deal of dangers onto our society. We need to hear many more stories about straights repenting of their sins...moving out so they would not continue to live in sin or getting married quickly. The more we hear that kind of stories, the more gays would rethink about their sins & be more willing to change!

    • newhope1966
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2009
        Can you imagine the fuss if they are to come up w/ a proposal to deny housing & benefits to unmarried couples? What about denying education to kids who have unmarried parents living together until parents get married? Most likely, they would react in the same fashion just like what gays have done w/ Prop 8!

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, <BridgetNight123@...> wrote:

        > What a great post Ken!! You are absolutely right! It does seem that there is a way over porpotionate focus on how bad homosexuality is compared to all the straight sins going on. At the same time churches were making a huge deal over proposition 8, there was a voting in San Francisco to legalize prosittution and I did not hear the churches make a big fuss over that. Taking the beam out of our own eye first is what Jesus taught. I love the story about the good Samaritian that Jesus taught. Who are the Samaritians today--the pink haired, tatooed, and homosexuals. How we treat them is what God is looking at right now. Bridget
        >
        > http://evergreenbooksales.com/bookstore/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=84
        > Or:
        > http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=12053.

      • aformer54
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2009
          Ken, to be clear, homosexual sex is fornication, and often also adultery. So it is covered every time sexual sin is mentioned. The double standard is in the hypocritical way self-righteous Christians tend to minimize their own sins while harshly judging gay people or those who struggle with same-sex attractions.

> [...]
          > > >
          > > > So I am tired of hearing people blasting homosexuality on every possible angle w/o addressing directly of the pre-martial sex, adultery & other heterosexual sins. These also are inflicting a great deal of dangers onto our society. We need to hear many more stories about straights repenting of their sins...moving out so they would not continue to live in sin or getting married quickly. The more we hear that kind of stories, the more gays would rethink about their sins & be more willing to change!

        • Paul Silen
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2009
            I think that everybody's barking up the wrong tree. The issue isn't sin. The issue isn't spirituality, or even morality. The issue is politics, pure and simple. For time immemorial political leaders have used Christian doctrine to manipulate the masses. Just like any demagogue, to fulfill his agenda he has to provide the populace with a scapegoat to lash out at, be their differences to be ethnic, religious, or eugenic. Unfortunately, Gays fill that catagory.